1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could have been crappy but not so bad night

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kikimama, Dec 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kikimama

kikimama Member

I headed out to school tonight to study for my finals. I parked near the turtle pond at the UT campus. I checked to see if the building I was going to study at was open and unfortunately, it wasn't. So I thought I could walk down the street to another building to study but I felt lazy and decided to go back into my car to find a closer parking spot to that other building.

So as I walk back I see a cop car with it's lights on parked in the middle of the road next to where I had parked. As I walked closer to the area, I noticed there's another car in the middle of the road half way above a curb. It was my freaking car sitting on curb, about 15 feet from where I had parked. I asked him if I damaged anything and he told me to look for myself.

No scratches, no nothing. I had parked between 2 cars in a pretty tight spot. I must have forgotten to pull my ebrake :)( I know, what a newb!) . Now, he checks my stickers and tells me I have a 6 month old registration sticker. He just tells me to get it done asap. As soon as he says that I get the hell out of there.

I'm am just so relieved about the whole thing. Nothing too crazy like mlwoo's stories, just a close call. Anyone else have those days where the !@#$ just misses your face?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How is the studying going? Did you use this event as an excuse to study and go get beers with the other procrastinating guys to tell the story?

If not, this thread is lame...

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fixed

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You should have obtained a police report from the cop, and then shown it to your professor as an excuse to get out of your final. Claim mental anguish.

5. kikimama

kikimama Member

I wish I could but my final is in about 8 hours :D

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

ha nice no damage

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Close call. Damn.

8. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Don't tell me you were too lazy to walk to the FAC from the turtle pond...come on!

You're lucky that you ran into a decent APD cop. They're ruthless.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Next time study in the law school library. That place is quite nice, and actually makes you feel like studying.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like you used Studying to get out of the ticket?
    Sometimes folx can be understanding that when ya cramming
    ya head just not in the right place

I hope your final Goes well

Rocket River

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lesson here is to never ever study.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

/fail

Don't quote yourself to fix. Just edit the damned post. :)

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly. I never studied in college and look at me.

uh.....yeah, on second thought, study your ASS off.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Was your car in neutral or something? If it was in gear (manual) or park (automatic), then it shouldn't have moved. I've seen people park and not leave their car in gear. Then, you absolutely better be setting that emergency break. My Dad did that once with an older, stick volvo on our driveway at our old house. The driveway sloped downward. The volvo rolled all the way down the driveway, out into the street, hopped the street curb, and ended up in the neighbor's yard across the street. It's a wonder nobody was hurt. He was lucky. It was funny watching him chase the car down to no avail, however. It reminded me of that scene in "Risky Business" with the Porsche.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had something similar happen to me while I was in college. My apartment didn't have parking so I had to do street parking and one morning while walking to school I notice my car sitting up on the curb with a bunch of broken glass around it. It freaked me out until I noticed the note on the windshield from the police saying that there had been an accident and my car had been pushed onto the curb. Luckily no damage to my car and all the broken glass was from the other car. I must've been pretty sound asleep though as a crash that bad should've woken me up.