1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Duncan be just as good or better than the dream

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nateb40, May 16, 2003.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Little Mermaid better than the Dream? Keep making me laugh, I need it.

Convenient how you left out 94, Go Spurs Go, as Dream carried a team of role players on his back to an NBA championship.

Also, don't even bother trying to compare them defensively. Hakeem was arguably the best big man defender of all time, right next to Bill Russell. Unless David has a block like Dream has on rod strickland against portland in the playoffs and another on Kevin Johnson of the phoenix suns, then you can talk.

Oh and offensively the Dream was one of the greats as well. Unless David made the dream's difficult dreamshake on the baseline ten-fifteen feet away a staple during his career and I missed it, which I didn't, there is no comparison here.

Then there is Dream royally embarrassing David in 95, a lot like we rockets fans are doing to you right now.

And then the rings, dream led his team to his two, DRob got his riding Duncan's coattails.

Why don't you go sit over in the corner and talk to other ignorant NBA fans about who was better, DRob, or Ewing, which is a logical and plausible argument.

I like David Robinson the man, and you make guwanspurs, a nice and logical poster, look bad. Along with fans of other teams who are good respected posters here.

I can't believe Clutch didn't ban you, unless he figures by starting this argument, you are beyond help, and should seek a mental institution for your disease.

Please get some help before posting again. As you have RJS.

Rockets Jealousy Syndrome.

A lot of fans have it, and there is no real cure, but at least you found cc.net, so you are off to a decent start.

Hopefully you will make a miraculous recovery in a few months or weeks.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I think people overvalue his business "success". He does involve himself in real estate among other things and is very active, but that is only because he had the initial capital.

He didn't build his wealth from his business affairs.

3. Dirt

Dirt Member

David Robinson did win more IBM Player Awards than Hakeem.....:)

4. Wale

Wale Member

True

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Charles Barkley "Tim Duncan will be a top 5 player of all time and nobody will notice" it was on yesterdays broadcast its not the exact quote but its something to that extent. Barkley is not the smartest anaylist however.

6. SLA

SLA Member

I agree with Chuck.

Tim Duncan is one of the best players of all time.

7. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Amazing how Hakeem the great defender extraordinare needed a double on DRob in that series yet DRob (thanks to Bob Hill, now the most recent ex-head coach at Fordham) played Hakeem straight up.

Over their careers both averaged virtually the same against each other and DRob's teams, prior to '97, did have the better W-L record straight up.

Hakeem was on top of his game in that '95 series, no doubt about it.

However, neither owned the other over the course of their careers.

8. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

D-Rob was hakeem's biatch his whole career. To deny that would be like a Cavs fan denying that Craig Ehlo was Jordan's biatch. It was that lopsided.

It's too bad that some people are such homers that they are completely deluded from obvious reality.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Michael Jordan is overrated...but that's another discussion.

10. Ryoga Hibiki

Ryoga Hibiki Member

Just an opinion from a neutral fan
    Olajuwon vs Robinson is a joke, even if the Admiral was imo a better defender in his prime.
    Olajuwon vs Duncan is a lot tougher, and I think that the best Olajuwon is not the better than the current Duncan, who might have not reached his prime yet.

Go on flaming.

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Which opinion should we flame you for? The first, second, or both?

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

There is only one guy who is the leading shot blocker of all time. And that same guy is in the top five steals category of all time as well.

:rolleyes:

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

People say the dumbest things

14. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Um, no.

At least you understand your problem.

15. CrazyJoeDavola

Coming from someone that came to be a Rockets fan only 3 years ago when I moved here (used to be a Maverick fan when I lived in Dallas), I can tell you that the majority of fans in Dallas think that Robinson is Hakeem's beotch also. ;)

Its a shame you don't understand your own problem (denial of fact and history).

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Hakeem would probably be fourth if they had kept that statistic since the NBA was created, behind Russel, Chamberlain, and Jabbar. I don't think any of them have nearly as many steals though.

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

For Abdul-Jabbar to have as equal Hakeem's total in equal number of seasons, he would have to have averaged 7.8 blocks a game(Assuming he played all 82 games)...

Regardless of who would have held the title of all-time leading shotblocker, I still think that Russel and Hakeem were slightly better on the defensive side than Jabbar/Shaq/Chamberlain.

18. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Mr. Spur's list of top big men defenders ever:

1) David Robinson
    2) Tim Duncan
    3) Malik Rose

19. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

No doubt because I refuse to accept the list as....

Hakeem
    Otis Thorpe
    Dan Langhi

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

:confused: What do you mean in equal number of seasons? Does that mean you only want to look at Jabbar for the same number of years you are looking at Hakeem? 'Cause he wouldn't be the scoring leader either, if thats the case. You pretty much have to look at a guy's whole career if you are talking about records.