1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Duncan be just as good or better than the dream

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nateb40, May 16, 2003.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Let's see, Robinson got b****slapped by Felton Spencer in 94 and 96, and in 1998 by ......umm wait a minute.....just give me a second......it's on the tip of my tongue....oh I got it......Foster and Greg frickin' Ostertag!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Do I have to leave as well? I may be illogical, but at least I'm a Rockets fan. ;)

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Rockets03

illogical? you? no way. No way you think David was better than Hakeem.

4. R0ckets03

Hell no I dont think David was better then Hakeem. But I also think that if Hakeem had someone like Pippen or Clyde through most of his career he would have had more championships then Jordan.

So yeah, some people might think I may be a tad bit illogical.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

And this is why I never root for the Spurs.

6. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Did David Robinson ever pick up his jockstrap off the Alamodome from when Hakeem completely HUMILIATED him?

Robinson is not even close to Hakeem's level, not even fuggin close. Not even a discussion.

Robinson's best contribution to the Spurs was his back injury which allowed them to get a real superstar.

7. R0ckets03

LOL! :D

And even that wasn't a real injury either. Everyone knows they tanked.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Well, us Rockets fans are probably the last ones in the NBA who can yell at/accuse another team of tanking. We are the reason why there is a draft lotto.

And for the record, Olajuwon owned D-Rob. A Spur fan saying that D-Rob was better than Dream, is like me saying Eddie Griffin is better than Duncan.

9. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Forget stats, there should be a poll.

In a hypothethical one on one match-up between Hakeem (pick any year between 93-95) vs Tim 2003, who is going to win?

I can't imagine Hakeem being contained by Tim Duncan.

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Well it depends on where you have the poll. Obviously on here Dream wins in a landslide.
    Maybe contact ESPN.com and have them put it up for a day.

11. CrazyJoeDavola

Not even a one on one matchup really because their game encompasses so much more than one on one skills.

Who wins this game?: Dream and 4 average players vs. Duncan and the same 4 average players

12. xcharged

xcharged Member

I wonder who the All Time Leader for steals at the center position is?

I'll give you two guesses, but you're only going to need one.

13. Wale

Wale Member

hehehehe..............

That Would be Hakeem "THE DREAM" Olajuwon

its so funny...the first time I saw the list of the top ten all-time steals leaders in the NBA and saw Hakeems name at number 4 (or was it 5) I did a triple take........could not believe it. Its a list of mostly gaurds (I think Pips on there) and then 1 center and he's top 5 ALL TIME!!

14. Go_Spurs_Gooooo

So? I've already pointed out that David never had enough help! Malone always had Stockton, Hornysack and other guys to help him like Carr and Russell but who did David have? Hardly anybody!

The Jazz only won because taht little b**** Stockton pulled his usual tricks and got Rodman suspended. Typical Jazz, can only win through cheating! :mad:

Jazz were just too deep. David had no help in this series while trying to do it all. I'm sure box scores from the time would back this up.

That's just because that little b**** Hornacek injured Tim's ankle in the second game and Malone hit a couple lucky shots down the stretch of the first two games. (I'm still pissed about that three point play at the end of game two! Malone barrels into David practically commiting an assualt flips the ball in, lands on his ass and gets the foul call even though he caused all the contact! Damned Utah Refs!) Otherwise, Spurs win! Much closer than Houston came in 97 to knocking them off, and with less talent around David!

Yes! Because he couldn't beat Malone and Stockton with a really talented team in 97 that everybody hyped through the stratosphere! Pathetic showing by Hakeem! If David had had teams with that much talent Utah wouldn't have won a game!

Logical, as in Hakeem jock riders? :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DId they ban you from the Mavericks board yet? Is that why you're still here?

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

These "types" of arguments usually go round-and-round, with good points made from both sides. Is this player better than this one, yadda, yadda yadda?

However, the case of Robinson vs. Dream does not fit that mold. This is simply no contest. None. No case for Robinson. Not in his wildest dreams. When they went head-to-head in the biggest and most critical matchup of their careers, Dream owned Robinson. Simply humiliated him. It was so incredibly lopsided that even Robinson conceded to the fact he was outplayed by the better player.

This is Tyson vs. Carrot Top, Godzilla vs. Stuart Little, Microsoft vs. Aunt Mae's Lemonade Stand -- there is really no contest. Pathetic trolls can claim the opposite, just as they can claim the sky is green, the grass is blue and that they have hair growing on that pimple they try to pass off as their penis, but facts are just those - facts: Dream vs. Robinson is Dream every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Case Closed.

17. Wale

Wale Member

This Go SPURS GO dude cant be real, He's probably just trying to incite us for no reason.....I am sure even he realizes that comparing Tim or D-Rob to Hakeem is ridiculous.

I'm gonna enjoy watching Dallas go 2 up on the Spurs tonight.

18. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

game.set.match.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

20. Go_Spurs_Gooooo

So because you guys say it that makes it so? Shouldn't even argue it it's so obvious? Yeah right. You guys act like this is Jordan vs. Pete Chilcut or something, when it's two great players being compared to each other. Judging by the way you get so mad about it, I'd say you're just afraid to really compare the two.