1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Andrew Luck and RG3 end up having a Bird/Magic rivalry in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by LOLatSoccer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

My friend was telling me.. the stories are almost similar in that RG3 is black, and that Luck is white. Both were the 2 top players in their draft class , also RG3 won the Heisman over Luck kinda like how Magic won the NCAA over Bird's Team. And Andrew Luck is seen as the next great one in the NFL.

Im know im probably reaching here.. but what are the chances the Redskins and Colts have a rivalry in future SuperBowls.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Odds are slim they will ever meet any time but the every 4 years in the regular season. Unlike the old NBA system, they have to go to crappy teams instead of teams with other Hall-of-famers so they won't get to the playoffs soon. It takes 22 players in football, not 5, and you don't play defense so you aren't playing at the same time.

Apples/Oranges

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I have a feeling that one of these quarterbacks is going to have a falling out. I don't think both will be as good as the hype.

4. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

I hope they both play up to their potential... Would hate to have to see one of these guys get injured, or slack off

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers & Celts have won half the NBA titles in history. Magic vs. Bird in the NBA was predictable. No such thing in the NFL.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They could be the next Akili Smith and Tim Couch from the historical draft class of '99.

7. TheresTheDagger

Hard to imagine there ever being a rivalry that comes close to Bird/Magic.

If you weren't alive to witness it, its hard to describe. But I can say I've not seen anything really even close to it since.

1 person likes this.
  8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Luck's to RG3 as LeBron's to Darko.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think they meet in the superbowl in the near future, and they are only going to play against each other 1 time every 4 years, so I dont see a rivalry.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

They could be the next VY, Reggie Bush.

11. bloop

bloop Member

you realize this is the NFL not the NBA right

maybe if Stern came in to run the league and bend rules and screw up the integrity of the game... then maybe

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Agreed.