1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(cough,cough) A Couple Tidbits You've Probably Heard Already (cough,cough)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Jul 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I've always associated Pussyland with San Antonio. :)

Get well soon, Oily.

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

To all the new kids - oeilpere, AKA popeye is the greatest source in the history of clutchcity.net. He's broken more stories than anyone else ever, plus he has a great knack for giving a solid take on everything. Props to Doc Rocket, but pops is still the king.

God bless, pops...

:)

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Its obvious TPTB are attempting to silence oelipere.

I say we round up some of the guys and go guard his hospital room.

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

My read of <i>Marksburg</i> is to a noted castle in Germany.
    I think New Jersey has some castles.

It could also be taken as a reference to the past immigration of people from Germany to the NJ - NY area.

His call on the Zo deal seems on the money.

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

That is by know means a no-brainer. You have to be a genus to figure out what you said. Maksburg has to be Dallas.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I was thinking Dallas also. Markburg=Mark Cuban.

However, Zo is reportedly going to Jersey.

#86 bigboymumu, Jul 11, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I totally missed a major storyline. (No not OP's)Zo and Mutumbo are buddies. Maybe, Zo talked Kidd into staying. What is SA going to do now? And to a lesser extent, what are the Nuggets and Jazz going to do?

8. mfclark

mfclark Member

So kingdoms, phylums, classes, orders, families, and species can't figure out what Mango said, but genuses can? ;)

But, it's also not beyond OP to put things out there that only a few can correctly decipher. Don't be so quick to bat down the notion...and Mango does know what he's talking about.

OP - welcome back, thanks, and here's hoping that you get better quickly.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It would be nice if this thread was straight to the point instead of in riddles. The part about zo,kidd and morris is already out, but i would like to know about the p....land and cat. It doesn't really matter, it will shake out like the other stuff. Its good to see you back though pops.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

thanks for the intro darkhorse. everybody's been thanking the guy and i've had no clue who he was. haven't been on here long enough i guess.

anyway, thanks for the info... op? oily? or pops? oily sounds cooler. :cool:

by the way... laterz, cuttino "pass me the ball some mo" bley. pussyland has to be the clips (disneyland=pussyland?). wasn't magette just offered something from denver or somewhere that the clips have the option to match? if so, won't that leave a spot open for cuttino? makes sense i think. :)

piatkowski, jaric, miller, odom, or brand? hmmm...

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Get well, OP.

12. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

The info is gold in the summer doldrums as it has been for years.

I wish you the best OP, you have always seemed a good person and you have done a lot for this boards, it's members, and the site.

Get well soon, I look forward to reading your posts for years to come.

13. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Let me jump on here as well. Oeilpere is one of the greatest men in the entire world. He has kept me up nights dreaming up RIDICULOUS trade scenarios, made me check the BBS periodically (meaning every ten seconds) to see if he's said something else, and seems to enjoy raising my blood pressure from time to time.
    I love him. :)
    Good luck Pops, and, thanks again for the info--take care--

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Man I can't take the riddles! I've been teased with info and I must know what's going on. I definitely suspect we do a trade with the Clipps though - Brand would be the wildest dream come true.

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Toronto or Detroit.

There has been some mention in this thread of Cat being demoted to Sixth Man status on the Rockets.

I don't see him being happy in that situation, hence better to go elsewhere.

It would be an uncomfortable situation for all involved.

<HR color="red">

2/3rds gone? Sounds like a milestone on a project that is not quite finished.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

welcome back pops..

take care of yourself, and thank your intermediary for us.

Get well...
    and thanks

17. declan32001

declan32001 Member

oeilpere get better. I hope every post from your friends here gets read to you. Impressive indeed.

Re: your Cat info, the "who do we get" reference eluded me completely until I read something.

So, do we get last year's player or the year before that?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good luck, Oeilpere, I hope you will get better.

19. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

OP- Get well soon we all miss you!

Also thanks for the tidbits, always love your info

20. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Oily,
    Long time no talk. Since last year I beleive?

So far, so good...just a slight miss on number 3 (No Marksburg - they are just try'in to figure out what exit - Hello MeadowlandS!)

Yea, I heard the Cat thing too. Looks like last year's possibility maybe reality....FINALLY!!!! God I hope so. I got crucified last year when that didn't come about. Thats cool with me. I would much rather be a force up front than sitting too long on a solid back court any day! Besides 2s are much easier to come by than rock solid 4s.

2/3rds gone? 1/2 gone. Still one more of 4 I would love to see blow. Don't think that will happen though - just a bit hairy. Difficult contract to unload.

What's up? Illness? Are you okay???? Hope nothing serious. Take care and keep up the good fight.

gone!

#100 ROCKET!!!, Jul 12, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2003