1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(cough,cough) A Couple Tidbits You've Probably Heard Already (cough,cough)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Jul 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dad is popeye. the last poster was his daughter typing for him from the hospital.

popeye, email me your hospital, please. Or I will just have to find you.

I'll never forget the post you made about losing a friend on an LA bbs, and no one knew for a long time what happened. From that experience, you told us all to stay in touch, and let someone know to post for us,,, should...we...

I've thought about that post several times.

email me your hospital room, dammit.

<a href="mailto:popeye.10.kevin@spamgourmet.com">email here</a>

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

1. Done and done.
    2. Cat is packing his bags? Is there a deal in place. I'm very skeptical of trading a guy with a reasonable contract.
    3. Oops. Kidd and Zo to New Jersey
    4. Good offer? That means 6 yrs, ~$42million my guess.
    5. Steve's 2nd Maryland friend? Friend 1 was Walt, and the second was TMo. The last remaining guy from the Md. area is Moochie I think.

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

My interpretation of 'Pussyland' is that it's nowhere in particular, I think OP just means Cat is getting a demotion, ie out of Houston. The fact that he said 'nibbles' supports that, as does the fact that Pusslyland soesn't really read as anywhere...Oh, and it would seem that my friend's rumour wasn't confused despite some (*cough HP cough*) doubting it...;) NOT that I should ever be confused with a Rockets insider, just happened to have NBA info that this time appled to the Rockets. OP is the real deal.

5. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Pops and kin - we dearly appreciate your time.

To good health.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

his daughter typed that stuff eh? could you honestly tell your daughter to type "pussyland"?

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Get well soon Pops, your family needs you (not your BBS family, your real life family) although we missed you VERY much.

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

When it's a play on the word 'Cat', as opposed to what you are thinking, why not?

9. CRC

CRC Member

Conspiracy theory...

After oeilpere posted his insider info here yesterday... the server went down... :D

10. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

hehe, it doesnt matter what you want it to mean, its still p***y land. its reminds me of the beavis and butthead movie, the pilot says "get out of the cockpit" and all butthead can say is "you said ****"

11. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

it's the circular reference that I mentioned earlier. It means that Cuttino is staying in Houston...

and that you guys are a bunch of p*****s.

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I couldn't get off this thread without expressing some support for Pops. I've been a daily reader of this board since I discovered it in '99 and I've logged onto the BBS almost every day since becoming a member.

I won't lie, usually.... I log on to the BBS every day to see if Pops has posted ANYTHING. Almost every day, I'm dissapointed to not see him, but of course enthralled with everything else on the board.

But sure enough, I'll log on tommorrow to see if he has posted anything else, and the next..........

LONG STORY SHORT: Pops, we wish you all the best. I'm concerned, as we all are, with your health.... but know you have the support, thoughts, and prayers of everyone on this board with you and your family. Get better man!

13. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

maybe pussyland literally means he's going to get some p***y
    wasn't cat doing all those bachelor/dating crap lately?

also, zo and kidd signed in newjersey, so i don't understand the marksburg thing

14. Thanos

Thanos Member

An oeilpere sighting!

Great to have you back man, your posts have been sorely missed. Take care and get well soon!

cheers!

And thanks for the info!

15. J.Dub

J.Dub Member

Hey whats up? Im curious cause I havent been on this board very long...who is the originator of this thread. You all say he knows what he is talking about? Why is that?

All I know is as far as CAT goes...yeah I like Cat but I think he is gone too...I think we already have a deal worked out with someone. With who? I dont know...hopefully a Brand or Sheed type player but who knows. Anyway ...

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

pussyland = reference to Cat going on Regis' show to get some p***y?

Damn, hope you get better.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

The Rockets would be foolish to offer JPossey that kind of money. Possey is not worth that much. I hope we don't make that mistake because we already have one mistake already on our roster that we are kind of stock with for a while in Kevin Cato.

God Please :mad:

Oily
    You made a mistake with Zo and Kidds info. How come?

Anyway get well soon. Best wishes.

18. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

OH OH.Let me play.

Pussyland= Cat's town = Philadelphia. I hope it is not for Snow!

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Nice guess. Damn, I hope we do better than that.

20. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bye, Cat!
    :D

Good luck on the sunset strip! If you pack just right, Moochie will fit in your suitcase.