1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I was leaving my home heading back to Houston. I recorded it on Hulu. Started watching in the airport waiting to board. Made it to 6 minutes left and has to go airplane mode. Landed on DFW with my UH gear on. I got off the plane and started the game back up and saw how much time was left and just know it meant OT. Boarding now to Houston. I'll be here Tuesday to watch the #1 team in the nation.

Go Coogs.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It’s time.

[​IMG]

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was really disappointed in the second half collapse. A large lead is sustainable if you keep playing hard. I know Baylor made some excellent adjustments, but some of the Coogs came out like the game was in the bag. Never a good idea. They didn't play with the same intensity, but the Bears turned up the heat. The barrage of threes, some unguarded, was impressive, but preventable. Proud of the Cougars comeback and performance in overtime. They will be in the number one spot in the polls. And, this is a team that "could" make it into the Final Four. Teams that go "Miami" on them are their nemesis.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

If Young or Anders make their FTs……uggggh

Buck Turgidson and ima_drummer2k like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

We are still ranked 297th in FT percentage. Notta thing has changed. The sad thing is we care. We just can't fix it. All we can do is prepare to miss.

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

To those of you that may be wondering I found this as to how Ramon Walker was injured:

"Walker tore the lateral meniscus in his right knee during practice at the Guy V. Lewis Development Facility. He is scheduled to undergo surgery next week." - Joseph Duarte Staff Writer Houston Chronicle

Ramon was such a valuable player off the bench. That being said someone is going to have to step up to replace those minutes. More than likely heavier minutes for Wilson and Dunn. I hope they are ready and in shape to meet the challenge. We really need Dunn in particular to find his confidence to be what we expected him to be and what he is capable of being. He really looks hesitant and lost both on offense and defense at times. If he figures it out we are good. If not then it is a lot heavier load for the rest of the team to carry.

8. solid

Good shooters are usually good free throw makers. This means we have a limited number of good shooters. And that seems to carry over from year to year. Come tournament time we are going to run into teams that can rain threes all day long. That has always been a problem.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can never find this thread!

Great game on Saturday. Like others have said, I was having 83 flashbacks with all those free throws down the stretch.

Speaking of which...I actually get a little aroused when I see those Phi Slamma Jamma unis. Is that wrong?

At any rate, I hope to see them in the tournament. Would be nice if they just made them the normal home unis.

Madmanmetz and Rock Block like this.
  10. solid

Surprised Houston is not ranked no. 1, but that is O.K.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? The weekly rankings don't come out until 11/12 on Monday's

Weel 17 has not been released yet

solid likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

whats the story behind this pic? I know the kid to the right. His dad owns a houston gym and was a street ball legend.

#7956 cheke64, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

#7957 YOLO, Feb 26, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  18. solid

I thought the poll came our on Sunday.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

no. they've never came out on Sunday. There's still ncaab games on sundays for the week.

you're thinking of ncaaf

solid likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

No.