1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Mylik Wilson if I had to guess. Don't know why him and Bowser were portaled here to begin with. In hindsight it was a waste. I think Walker stays and we use spot for either a Jarace stretch 4 replacement or legitimate experienced 5 starter and move Jwan to the 4.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ramon walker is still very possible. He has fallen out of the core rotation and it’s even farther now. He’s been supportive in the locker room and great teammate but for someone that was pretty talented coming out of hs, his best path going forward isn’t this program anymore

3. Nook

Nook Member

There are several players that are considering leaving supposedly, they would leave for a larger role elsewhere.

Sampson and the coaching staff is pretty high on the two guards that they have added to the team and expect both to be able to defend.

They are looking for players inside that can score and still defend some.

DonnyMost likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

With that guard trio, if they can add even a single inside scoring threat they are going to be very potent on offense for the first time in a long time.

IBTL and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I don't follow them as closely as I do the Astros or Rockets, but I know some people that are very connected to the program, and they are pretty confident that there will be bigs available, and there are a number of them interested in UH, but Sampson has the final call and is very picky.

Cryer was promised more time handling the ball IF he shows he is capable, and Dunn is someone that Sampson really coveted, and believes can be better than he has been at Temple.

IBTL, Madmanmetz and vince like this.
  6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Walker posted on his instagram a little over an hour ago that he is not going anywhere. That leaves Wilson if we need to open up a spot for another transfer portal piece. Who knows. Maybe Walker has been working on his shot and defensive skills. He clearly for whatever reason was not the same player the first of this past year that he was in his freshman year. He has the size and CKS likes him.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just glad they filled the exeperience and scoring lost from Sasser and Mark. Cryer will fill it up here much like Sasser and hopefully take some ballhandling pressure off Shead like Cryer wants. Dunn is the kind of player that I think coach will get the very best of because he's so well-rounded, he'll be a really good glue guy.

I'll miss Sasser and Mark but these 2 new guys will have a chance to be as lethal if not even more so.

Now we just need the defensive stopper we had in Walker with some rebounding and paint presence. I know tough to find but I trust coach.

IBTL likes this.
  8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Jarace Walker with all that size couldn’t even man handle these college kids and take them to school. Kid is kinda overrated to be a top 10 pick just being a elite defender. He’s like 2 years in being NBA ready

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

just like any of the other kids that are projected to go around him, he's right where he should be

Nook likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Khalif Battle from Temple & J Davenport from Cincy are following Mark to Arkansas. Interesting to see how an SEC team has targeted the AAC for their acquisitions

11. Buck Turgidson

Musselman is a hell of a coach with a hell of a name

12. Buck Turgidson

Oh no!

13. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I think its hilarious u kids talking about Jarace. u wouldnt say this stuff to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Yall r pathetic lol

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

STFU, Ill say it to your face. You pathetic ass lil boy

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

17. Joshfast

Supporting Member

It’s an older copypasta sir but it still checks out. I thought you would let it through.

DonnyMost likes this.
  18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

you are the type of pu$$y that talk $hit behind the computer screen but won’t don’t $hit in real life. Lil Pu$$y

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

you are the type of pu$$y that talk $hit behind the computer scene but won’t do $hit in real life. Lil Pu$$y

20. Joshfast

Supporting Member

It’s a dumbass copypasata from r/nba, it was used with Harden a lot. Calm down, stop using $ so much