1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's definitely Top 15. I would love for the Rockets to get him but our 2nd pick will be in the late 20's.

Roc Paint likes this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

What a great come from behind win. We overcame a career game by Nolley, a half time half court buzzer beater 3 pointer, poor free throw shooting. At least we made them in the last two minutes when it counted.

JWalk what a game. They came out and punched us in the mouth. But after 15 rounds we won a unanimous decision. These are the type of games we need to win to get ready for March. So thankful that we won.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The home vs road deal continues, but Jarace stepped up big time. That middle to outside touch mixed with everything else he already has...he'll go high. Shead continues his growth...played big down the stretch.

I've always assumed we'll get better & better as the year progresses. these guys are growing individually and as a team.

4. Buck Turgidson

He had a huge game against a very good Arizona team early this year, but your point stands.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Absolutely, a tournament type game. Today they learned how to take a huge shot and get up off the floor and fight back. Signature win going forward. A character builder.

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope we’ll shoot FTs better in the tournament.

Roc Paint, Plowman and seemoreroyals like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are we having fun?

Madmanmetz likes this.
  8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Today was not as bad as I originally thought. All but 2 were missed by JWalk who only hit 3 for 7. Not counting him we were 7 for 9. Since we won and he had a great game otherwise no harm this time. He does need to work on his ft's though. Both to help us and to help himself earn some extrs dollars come draft time.

eman likes this.
  9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Huge win today, I knew no way Cinny would keep shooting 60%+ in the 2nd half and if not for half court shot at halftime buzzer it would have been a 4 point game. Hats off to Cinny for playing their butts off. Kudos to this Coogs team for staying the course and grinding out points in the paint.

Best part of the game was Sasser didn't need to be the guy in order to get the win. Roberts early, Shead late and Walker all day!

Would really like to see Francis play a few more minutes early. I get the feeling we are going to need him at least one game in the tournament because of foul trouble with Roberts & Chaney. The backcourt is loaded with guys that can step up.

Roc Paint, Plowman and seemoreroyals like this.
  10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Coach's plan is always the same year after year. Get better each month and be ready for March. I was asking myself watching Shead today any chance he goes to the draft or does he return one more year? Today game makes me think he could be ready to go pro.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Great game to go to today. Onto the next

shead refused to lose this one. Walker continues to show why he’ll be a top 10 pick

Cincy played well today. They gave it their best shot. Not good enough

#5951 YOLO, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

He is coming back next year. It’s only sasser and walker that’s going to the draft

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

#5953 YOLO, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Seeing Bama get curb stomped by OU today was nice to see as well!

Roc Paint and MadMax like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Are you asking us or Eric Gordon?

Roc Paint and eman like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Coming soon. Note how early they got to him first, when he wasn’t even officially in high school yet

#5956 YOLO, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  17. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I get that is the plan but if continues to take over games and holds his improved 3pt shot with a great tournament I can see him getting some love. I hope he comes back of course.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s not really about that. If you’re focused on shead as an individual and how he played, it would have been last year when sasser and mark went down and he took over the team, especially in the tourney. Regardless of how the season ends he isn’t leaving

King1 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Possible transfer candidate in the off-season

He’s been struggling and going through issues the last few months.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Shout out to whoever does U of H Contant solutions on YouTube