1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I found a 4 minute partial of Sampson's post game press conference on utube. The 9 minute one had bad audio so was too low to listen to it. Lots of quotes from it including "we may not have had our fastball today but we found a way to win that's what is important". Thankfully this was a win and I am sure CKS will have some very good teaching moments from it before our next game.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Is this the 9 minute one you're talking about? The audio's not the greatest, but doesn't seem too bad :

solid and seemoreroyals like this.
  3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Yeah that is it. Even with volume turned fully up I have hard time hearing it. The 4+ minute clip on the other hand was loud and clear.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  4. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

He will continue to build on their play, I'm not worried with half a season to go remember where the team was last year at this point. Coach knows exactly what to do and he knows how to get them to do it it just takes time, many many weeks and practices for them to shape up the way we need them to be. Remember the tournament is a total different animal. That's what he's trying to build the team to do win the tournament.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

When is the next "serious" UH game everyone should watch?

6. Buck Turgidson

Consistent scoring has been their achilles' heel for years.

They have the guards to overcome it this year, but they have to shoot well.

solid and seemoreroyals like this.
  7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I watch them all. I even caved in and purchased the ESPN+ streaming as it looks like quite a few of our games are on there this year. Surprised the UCF game was not on regular ESPN nor is the game against them at their place on Jan 25th.

Our next game Thurs night against SMU should be a good game. I think talent wise and coaching wise we are better than any team in the AAC by quite a bit this year. But these are 18 -22 year olds (if you don't count a couple of players on the Memphis team) and anything can happen in a game. I think if we take every game seriously and are ready for their best effort we will be okay.

My hope is we stay healthy both with injuries and all the various forms of sickness going around. After tonight we have 16 more regular season games. Every one of the teams ill be gunning for us. Makes for a fun next couple of months coming up.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Same, that's how I watched the UT/OU game earlier.

Would have watched UH as well, but I ran out of screens.

So SMU is the next good game? Memphis, Cincy, any of those guys?

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

I’m mystified by Jarace Walker’s apparent lack of confidence. He’s got a complete NBA skill set. Why is he hesitating and deferring? I know he’s a freshman, but the team would benefit from him getting more aggressive. Here’s hoping he’s a dog by tournament time.

solid likes this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I probably would have watched that game too but I literally purchased the ESPN+ about 20 minutes before tipoff.

The Memphis games are the games that most everyone can't wait to see but they are still a long way off. In the meantime you play the schedule, take no one for granted, and try to win every game. That is probably what it will take to get a 1 seed in the tourney.

11. Aware

Aware Member

a little shocked that ramon walker is getting so little minutes
    i get that sharp has a much higher ceiling but walker was big for us last season

i think arceneaux is in the dog house for going under a screen late in the alabama game lol

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

#2 rank. Let's go. Just stay top 5 and UH should be good.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Matchmaker matchmaker give me a boilermaker

eman likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am a looooong time UH fan. A graduate of the university. As a freshman, participated in what was once called "Kitten Kick Off." etc. etc. BUT, after seeing this team play several times there is no way in the world this group is the second best team in the country. Not even close. I think Sampson has said as much. Love them, will cheer them on as far as they can go. But, they have a long way to go to really be a nationally elite team. I would rank them in the top twenty, but not sure where. Probably in second ten.

15. MystikArkitect

Memphis always plays us tough so I'd pencil those in even though Memphis doesn't look like much. Cincy as well. But the reality is that UHs best games are behind them. Tournaments going to be where it's at.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp.... Purdue lost. I thought they were a legit #1 and one of the toughest teams in the country.

eman likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you love to constantly downplay UH as if you literally don't understand what you're watching. it's pretty sad when they're literally national title favorites and a rare team right now. Why are you even in the UH hoops forum consistently questioning and disregarding basically everything they do. It's pretty clear you don't keep up with college basketball enough if you think UH is actually that far down the list of best teams.

They are without question one of the top teams in the nation. Anyone questioning that legitimately has no idea wtf they're watching and lacks understanding of what a top basketball program looks like. Consistently at the top of the NET and per you and your "several times" of watching, they're somewhere down the bottom. LOL

#5777 YOLO, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    GradyMcTracy and tochiee22 like this.
  18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

One close loss. They may get #1 again soon maybe the Coogs jump back in but if Kansas pulls out a W at Tech they probably get the top rank. Not that it matters.

Purdue, Kansas, Houston, UConn, Arizona and Texas are all legit and 1 loss.

GradyMcTracy likes this.