1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Costa Rica

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Maybe going there for our honeymoon. Any suggestions on where to stay/what to do? I don't know much about the place, planning on using the next 4 nights of work to do research. All I know is the people who travel there love it and end up going back multiple times.

2. s land balla

s land balla Member

Going later this month as well for 5 days...we haven't started planning yet.

3. across110thstreet

fly into san jose then head to quepos and manuel antonio

4. Raven

Raven Member

Beware of dinosaurs!

5. Dubious

Dubious Member

We did the Zipline Tour in Durango CO and had a blast but I know they have a big one in Costa Rica. It was expensive but as a one time experience , we thought it was worth it.
    It looks really scary but it's really safe. I found it ultimately relaxing. Chicks dig the endorphins if you know what I mean.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/doNIXgD8QX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#5 Dubious, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. HombreDeHierro

arenal is worth seeing...

if you can see it. clouds cover it most of the year

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Thanks guys.

I've heard the zip lines there are pretty fun.

Anyone do any sort of all inclusive resort there?

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't know if you've surfed before, but Costa Rica has some great surfing. I haven't been myself, but I've great things about Playa Hermana at Jaco. Also maybe Isla Palo Seco.

If you are a serious surfer then the Domincal area is supposed to be really good.

Most of these places have really nice resorts and offer some eco tourism, zip lining, jungle tours as well.

There's sports fishing, white water rafting, and tons of other stuff you can do as well. But it might be fun for you and your new wife to learn something new like surfing together if you haven't done it before.

9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I never have, but I can pick things up like that pretty quickly, especially if it's anything like snowboarding/skateboarding. Too bad I'm not marrying her sister, who is an avid surfer.

I'm going to do some more research tonight on resorts down there. Hopefully I can find something we both can enjoy (she wouldn't be too thrilled about sports fishing on our honeymoon:grin: )

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Does she read this board? If so, only one of you may be coming back alive... lol.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

That's exactly what I did and I highly recommend it.

12. Prince

Prince Member

not a good place for a honeymoon but rather a great place for a boy's party...

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Previous thread on Costa Rica.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Snowboarding/skateboarding is kind of similar, and will definitely help you if you do ever surf. Especially if you use a short board. I can see why sports fishing might not be what your wife wants on her honeymoon.

15. Buck Turgidson

Been all over that country, but just to reiterate what was said earlier: go to manuel antonio and stay here: http://www.lamariposa.com/

Lots of other neat things to in other areas, but you're on your honeymoon dude, you'll have all you need there.

16. s land balla

s land balla Member

Anyone been skydiving in Costa Rica?

Also, I've heard nothing but great things about Manuel Antonio, but we only have 5 days in the country and are flying into and out of Liberia, which is a six hour drive from Manuel Antonio/Quepos. Should we stick to the north/Guanacaste area and Arenal only? Or try to make it to Manuel Antonio as well?

17. s land balla

s land balla Member

Bump (might as well...everyone else is asking today)

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

19. Prince

Prince Member

Two words.

Hotel Del Rey.

20. across110thstreet

two pairs of words.

Sansa Air.

Hopper Flight.