1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correct me if I am wrong, But should ESPN braodcast the interview with Yao after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tracymingreedy, Nov 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

I saw Yao was ready for the interview after the game is over. But ESPN quikly switched to SOB Center. it showed me how disappointed all ESPN crews are with the Heat losing thier game. I am not sure if this a discrimination issue. But from the beginning to the end, the way they commented and braodcasted make me really upset.

Please lock this thread if this is raised somewhere else.

2. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

It was aired on ESPNEWS a few minutes later. Basically, Yao was very humble in saying how great Shaq is as a player and then said T-Mac is the facilitator of the Rockets gameplan even when hes missing his shot, and said T-Mac is still the number one guy on the team. Just greatness and humbleness. Its refreshing, especially when the Big Broke Aristotle comes out after being humilated and dominated and can only say "Hes just 7'6''".

3. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

ESPN was real awful. From beginning to end, they berated the rockets. Almost like a forgone conclusion that we'll lose the game. BSPN crew before the game dug up all the crap on why the Rockets lost the game and gladly showed off their "homework" on the air. Near the end of the game, they don't even know what to say.

The lack of an interview after a national game shows disrespect. Not even one highlight of the game "they" televised. No mention of the game for about half and hour. I'm 100% sure Wade or Shaq would had an inteview.

EPSN was bad the last 4 years. Now it becomes blatantly obvious they have an agenda against Yao. With Yao dominating, all they want to do is bring him down. Real hard to sit through ESPN games. Good Gawd!

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I thought the coverage was fine. They were pretty complimentary to Yao, especially at the end of the game. They were also pretty nice to TMac considering he has not been too good lately. I did see the post-game interview, also.

5. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Thanks. :)

This make me feel even worse with ESPN. They should have braodcasted this before they switched to other programs. :mad:

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The one thing that got me about Yao's interview is the gal asked something about going up against "arguably the best center of all-time." Yao more or less ignored it when instead, he should have said immediately "Hakeem is the best of all time." C'mon Yao, Rockets pride baby!

Seriously though, good to see Yao getting some interviews.

7. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

wait till tuesday night with TNT :rolleyes:

8. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

No Lie, Yao was raping the game. When Yao got his double double (during that amazing 4th quarter stretch). ESPN analyst had the moxy to say, "Yao isn't doing his job he has only 1 Offensive Rebound." My Friend and I were sitting there saying, "ARE YOU F***ing SERIOUS." "THE ROCKETS ARE UP 10 POINTS AND YOU HAVE BEEN BELITTLING THEM ENTIRE GAME AND THIS IS WHAT YOU COME UP WITH." "IF I REMEMBER RIGHT YAO'S JOB IS TO OWN THE GAME WHICH HE HAS BEEN DOING FROM BEGINNING TO END."

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Oh Sorry.

I forgot I would like to add that ESPN analyst said when Battier and Kapono came into game (nothing about Battier), but of Kapono, "Great substitution Kapono can stretch the Defense." Yea I see how Kapono is greater than Battier. :rolleyes: BTW: I counted after that Kapono went on to get 1 3pter, 3 Turnovers, 3 Missed shots, and a flurry of bad decisions.

And another thing.

With Rafer and Luther on the floor, the analyst were like, "The Rockets right now have NO 3 PT SHOOTERS ON THE FLOOR," Um... yea...

And another thing.

When any other team shoots 30% to another teams 60% and is within 3 points the analyst say, "Watch out if this team gets even a little bit hot this game will be put out of reach." In this game the analyst said, "Oh the Heat have this in the bag no one on the Rockets can produce...."

Sorry just had to get that rant off my chest, just pointing out a FEW of the many injustices.

10. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

"Yao Ming wins regular season MVP.
    (said it was 3 horse race between Yao, Lebron, and Kobe, but I liked Yao as a favorite)."

imo, kobe has zero chance. He's still recovering from knee surgery, i have watched 3 games he's played so far, he doesn't look the same plus the lakers have more talent than last year, and last year kobe didn't get it when he was the scoring champ mainly because of his team record wasn't good enough...
    so unless kobe puts up at least 28pt or so a game and the lakers at least wins the division, he'll get some consideration, but it's very unlikely that'll happen.

if rox can at least win the division and yao continues to be great, i like yao's chances as well.

11. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

i dont think tuesday's game vs spurs is on tnt but the thursday game against bulls is!! :D

12. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Yea but this was Preseason pick, right now I agree Kobe has no chance. I said preseason Nash was going to be off this year, because the offense he runs with more age will slowly degrade him thats why he wasn't on my list.

13. dalman

dalman Member

SportsCenter is soooooo important. Can't be delayed.

14. iBelieve

iBelieve Contributing Member

Besides, the announcers kept saying Yao is 78% FT shooter, which is supposed to be 87%, big difference and they never corrected it :(

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It wasn't even going to be delayed... they had 20 more minutes till the top of the hour. Even the SC anchors looked a bit suprised when they cut it to them so fast.

16. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I liked how the lady at halftime started to call Dwade Lebron but then caught herself.

The season is still young, i guess we can still consider this ESPN's preseason to NBA action. They were off on alot of stats and didnt really seem to know anything about Houstons team. You would expect them to know about Miami since they just came off a championship, but in their mind why would they care about the lottery team. Although there are only 3 teams in the league right now with better records than the rockets.

I taped the ESPN game, and the one on FSN. I watched the ESPN game live cause i figured it would be nice to see it nationally televised. Im glad I recorded the FSN one, ill watch that when i get home tonight.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Greg Anthony said that just goes to show how bad the rest of the rocket players are when you have your center shooting your technicals. Greg Anthony is a complete idiot and does not do his homework. ESPN should also ban this guy from doing any NBA draft coverage, alot of what comes out his mouth is negative.

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

How does a bottom-feeder never-has-been like Greg Anthony suddenly think he's relevant?

The guy is probably the most annoying EPSN on-air personality.

Give the NBA back to NBC...please.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It was hilarious in the first half when the announcers kept saying the Rockets "couldn't get anything started offensively" and are "really having trouble producing points" and "Yao's about the only thing that's working for the Rockets." They made it sound like it was a 15-20 point game yet it was 3 point game and Miami wasn't exactly shooting lights out.

20. kjames44

kjames44 Member

He is an absolute idiot and none of the other two idiots with him were any better. They didn't catch any of their own mistakes. Yao's FT % was muffed up a few times and to a man, they didn't catch it. It doesn't get me too upset because you have to "beat the champion" to take the belt and I we did was won a round last night.

The rockets have to earn it in the playoffs and not the Reg season...we have 75 games to go before the real season begins and we need a top 4 finish for home court advantage...

LeBron, Shaq, Wade, Dirk are all coming off good if not great seasons last year including long series in late rounds. They are going to get respect along with SA and the Clips because of their seasons. For the Rockets to get that type of notice, they have to BEAT ALL COMERS throughout the reg season and then AGAIN in the playoffs!