1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa and his back issues...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by CinematicFusion, Oct 7, 2018.

1. CinematicFusion

I just hope Correa and Hinch are on the same page and if Correa's back is tight before a game they rest him. We need his bat. I thought he took some good hacks in game one and not so much in game two. Was it his back? Or just Cookie throwing a great game?

If we have to play Correa every other game to get four good hacks at the ball...so be it.
    If he feels great...play him.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There are off days galore. He’s going to play. They will win in spite of him or due to him.

Fullcourt likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Carlos needs a Chiropractor, Air Cupping Treatment, or worse surgery, back disc issue, maybe.
    Carlos injury prone Career has been a disappointment in Season Statistics, All Star Games, Gold Glove, Batting Titles, MVP. His breakout still hasn't happened I expected .300 40 Hrs 100 Rbis. But Alex Bregman hard work paid off and he is at a MVP level.

CrushCity likes this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I really do not want to see Marwin or White play a single inning in the infield.

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Isn't it amazing that he can make all those spectacular plays in the field with a sore back. You would think the back would be a problem when fielding grounders or diving for balls. As someone who suffers from back pain, I find this amazing.

Miracle likes this.
  6. HTown2017Champs

White is not that bad at first base. Nothing wrong with Marwin's first base defense, Straw can slide into CF in that case. Not preferable, and not what Hinch wants, but I would not mind Gonzalez at first, and Straw in center. I'd love to see Straw get at least some regular playing time next year. I understand that he'll only hit a home run occasionally, but if he can be an on base machine, it'll be great to have him on base for our hitters, and he's a big stolen base threat. Yes, the game has moved away from speed and towards more power, but Straw is always fun to watch because of his speed. Not saying we should do away with Correa (hopefully next year he'll be back in form), I'm just a big Straw fan.

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Correa's swings seem better to me lately. What he seems to be struggling with is his feel for the strike zone. He takes a lot of called strikes and swings at a lot of stuff out of the zone. Opposing pitchers don't show him the same respect they once did. You can tell he is trying to work the count put if you get a pitch right down the middle you have to do what Bregman does and crush it. Once he starts doing that a few times he will find it easier to get into hitters counts. I wish him the best and I would not even consider anyone else to replace him at shortstop. Maybe I am being optimistic but I think I am seeing small signs that his hitting is starting to come around.

Kim and UTSA2step like this.
  8. CinematicFusion

Your right, he swing has looked better, except for yesterday. Game one he didn’t get a hit but had solid at bats. Game two he looked lost. Maybe it was cookie( pitched a great game)... maybe it was a day his back was tight? Is what it is.... they are going to play him and not rest his back. Need to close it out tomorrow!

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They have off days every 2 games. He is getting rest. Who the f is cookie?

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yuli trying to do his part to heal Correa.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CinematicFusion

Indians pitcher yesterday.... that’s his nickname.

12. theimpossibles1

Geez OP your second thread about Correa's issues.

You could have just posted this in your other thread.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Is it? Unsurprising that nobody really cares or knows... unless you're a personal friend of his or something.

14. CinematicFusion

Here comes the internet police... could have let it go but no....must make citation.
    You feel better?

Erase this thread if you want.... it’s all good

15. CinematicFusion

??? I say something wrong? It’s Sunday and we are up by two games. I thought every baseball fan knew his nickname. I was just typing thoughts....
    Your the one who asked the question?

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

If you go to ESPN and look at player profile of Carlos Carrosco their is a link to an article on Aug 25th this year listing 20 rules to players nicknames. I had to go to rule 19 to find it but indeed Cookie is his nickname. Learn something new every day. There is an explanation of close to half of the Astros nicknames as well on this link.

17. CinematicFusion

That’s sounds cool, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!

18. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Why not drop Correa into the 7-9 hole? Everyone knows his slump is b/c of injuries he is dealing with and not a reflection of the player "he has become." if his D is that valuable and he can still perform at a high level on the field, let him play the games but for the love of god, bat him towards the bottom of the lineup so he isn't regularly grounding into DPs or getting outs during critical times of the game!!

I'm HOPING he can break out of his slump for all the remaining games, but who the heck are we kidding here? He hasn't been able to since the ALL STAR break so i'm not holding my breath now. Move up Marwin/Reddick etc and push Correa down. Heck, he may even feel like the pressure is off him and relax a bit more at the plate. We just need him to hit more singles and less ground outs.

Can anyone honestly say they want to see Correa at bat during a critical make-or-break part of the game? It's getting too predictable. Give me White, Marwin, Yuli, Reddick, maybe even McCann over Correa at this point (ok, I don't really trust our catchers to come through but you get it..)

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Bregman can play short... and Gurriel is naturally a third baseman... but that alignment is still downgrade to 3B/SS/1B.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member