1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer's price

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Mar 17, 2015.

1. anchel

anchel Member

How much is he asking for this summer?
    He's been playing at his highest level of his career. He's a 6-9 swingman who can defend from PG to SFs; he's an elite transition player and has shown improvement in his mid range game. No doubt he's in his prime and helping a lot to a top-4 team in the NBA. How much is that, with the new salary cap, about 7-8 per year? Just a whole MLE?
    Who's getting more money, Josh or Corey?
    If you could keep just one of them, who it would be?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

MLE, and we have bird rights so we can offer slightly more than MLE.

Good teams won't be able to spend more than MLE, and bad team's won't want to waste precious cap space on a role player.

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

Anywhere from 8-10 million. Possibly 12 million. He can hit the corner 3 and is great in transition.

He's the best at replacing parsons productivity.

I'd sign him and start him over Ariza. Hopefully, Morey can trade him in the offseason.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would try my best to keep Brewer over Smith. He just fits this team too well. Plus, Josh Smith is a perpetual tease, a double edged sword. For the incredible court vision and play making he gives you from the PF spot, he takes away just as much with his high turnover rate and propensity to take low efficiency shots. His defense is underrated but still just as much prone to the highs and lows you see in all aspects of his game. He's that rookie type player with limitless talent who never matured enough to figure out how to become More consistent and reliable.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whatever it is give it to him. He's perfect of the Rockets.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Texas country is goat country. We have the advantage.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Seeing as how we asked him to waive his player option, I doubt he is priority one this offseason.

8. baubo

baubo Member

I don’t think he’ll get as much as fans may think. He’s not a good fit with all teams and certainly not a good fit with bad teams. He needs to be on a team that runs and rim protector that allows him to gamble on the perimeter. The market for such a player is pretty limited.

I don’t think he’ll be the Rockets first priority. More likely he leaves and Rockets match KJ McDaniels’ offer.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

He'll get somewhere between Ariza money and Parsons money. Closer to Ariza money tho.

10. basketballholic

Get him to agree to 3/24. Then offer him the minimum for next season and tell him we will offer him 2/30 after next season.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This. He's phenomenal in his current role as a high energy off the bench guy, but I don't know as a starter how desirable he would be.

I would LOVE to see him resigned but McDaniels is likely the replacement.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If I could only keep 1, Brewer over Smith.
    Only because we have 2 other solid PFs on the roster.

Would keep both if possible.

Probably wouldn't cry if Smith left, and we got a backup C to replace him. Might be more useful for our team?

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

He Is 6'7 according to draftexpress with 4% body fat:p

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I've mentioned this before, but we shouldn't have to overpay for Brewer when guys like Will Barton are available.

Remember, if we address our need for a bench creator, Brewer's value to the team decreases

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds like an old-school McHale offer.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh thats right he's not allowed to play with shoes :rolleyes:

17. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

$6-7mil per year is fair and I don't know if I'd give him that much. He is a good but easily replaceable role player who has peaked, better to save big cap space for a young guy who can improve or someone who is a top 1/3 starter at their position.

18. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Seriously, Will Barton?

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

morey has to start keeping his role players and brewer is a good start. dont need to overpay him. 5-7mil is good enough for him. remember he's not a good 3pt shooter, only from the corners. his caveer avg from 3 was 29% before the rockets, thats not even borderline average thats bad.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Brewer is a fun player to watch. He instantly brings energy when he comes in and automatically changes the feel of the game. That is exactly what you want for one of your bench players. I have liked what he has done foe us this season more than what Josh Smith has done. I get the feeling that he is happy here and likes playing for McHale and might take a slight paycut to do that, but I'm not sure.

A lot of it will depend on what the salary cap ends up being set at and who else is available.i hope we keep him, but there are other needs more pressing for us.