1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I know it's a good trade, in that we sent a non-rotation player out and received a rotation player. We got deeper. But honestly, Brewer doesn't excite me. I'm having a difficult time getting excited about a player with bad offensive and defensive ratings. I know it depends on the other 4 players on the floor with him, but it's hard to get over a net -13.8 rating.

51 points is great, but if it only happens once a season, then what's that really say about his low scoring average? And his low FG%? And his awful 3P%?

2+ steals a game just isn't enough to get me excited about this trade. I understand my current opinion of Brewer is based only on stats. I get that. I just haven't watched him play much. But without having watched him play much, what is there for me to get excited about until I do?

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

So no Dragic this year? If there is a chance to get him, it'll be during the offseason? BimaThug, where is your article updated?! Just kidding

3. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Troy Daniels

4. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

That 2nd was gonna be probably our 3rd best pick, no big deal.

This was a perfect trade, now just go get a big and we'll be good to go.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please don't remind us. That was an embarrassing loss for the Rockets(and nearly cost them home court). The good news is this year's team has grown leaps and bounds past last year's and would never allow that to happen.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

2 2nds???!!! **** that! Morey could have found some great players with those. There better be more to this trade.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You had this kind of report before.

1 person likes this.
  8. Swishh

Swishh Member

LOL. 2nd rounders rarely ever pan out as well as the likes of Parsons, Green, Ginobili, etc.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Have you seen him play? Lol.

Might add he will play for a good team now.....

10. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

LOL wut?

11. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

The whole point of making this trade today was so we could have the required time for Brewer to become trade eligible again on deadline day.......so we can trade him in a Dragic deal if needed.

12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

This works, using TPEs:

Houston in: Brewer, Wright
    Minny in: Daniels (2nd rounder)
    Boston in: Turiaf, Kostas (2nd rounder)

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Someone think of the children! :grin:

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So many idiots in here. Two 2nd rounders is not that much considering we have a **** ton of them. Sacramento's pick is likely not even going to be ours anyways. We can always buy more. This is a steal for us as it adds someone that can play now and gives our stars some rest.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Does this mean we can actually rest Ariza? YES!

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe Phoenix doesn't wanna deal him(yet). Or they want too much in return. I'd love Dragic back on this team, but no sense in gutting our roster to get him right now. Why not sit back and see what happens this offseason(or maybe at the trade deadline)?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact is, they rarely pan out if they don't get playing time, and are at risk of not making the final roster cuts.

Fact is the Rockets had too many 2nd rounders going into this Summer, and they still might have too many. If the other 2nd rounder is for next year, they might still need to move another 1 this year to not overload the 2016 roster with too many rookies that aren't going to get a shot.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

I like this deal. Troy wasn't really good so far this season and Brewer is a good man-to-man defender and can spark the bench

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Like the move, Brewer can contribute and spell Harden and Ariza. Daniels was one dimensional... and if you are going to have a one-dimensional 3pt shooter, better to be a tall one. I have been a Turiaf fan (since his heart surgery and recovery... my oldest daughter had heart surgery), but it appears his time here is short.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who else is going out if Turiaf is coming here?