1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Progs

Progs Member

jtr faints

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We can always attempt to buy more of those at least.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Now. This. Is. Funny.

I like the trade let's hope the Rockets are positioned to upgrade the team further.

@WojYahooNBA: Houston's sending a 2015 second-round pick via Kings, and a future second, source says. That could be fluid if third-team found for Turiaf.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If they had to give up someone, I'm not surprised it was him. Garcia has value I suppose for his D(and veteran presence in the locker room). Canaan has been starting in Bev's place, so he's too valuable. And Johnson has a ton of upside and one game-winner already(ironically against Minnesota).

I'll miss Daniels, but let's be honest. He barely played this year and for obvious reasons. Brewer on the other hand will be in the rotation immediately.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

2 2nds? Might be 2 Parsons! :(((

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

RONDO?!?!? :rolleyes:

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I thought your sources said the Rockets had been talking about Rondo, Rubio and Dragic?

LOL

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston's sending a 2015 second-round pick via Kings, and a future second, source says. That could be fluid if third-team found for Turiaf.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/546032687275053056">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At least it wasn't NYK pick.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol at 2 seconds thats nothing STFU

im gonna mis Troy :(

10. Raz

Raz Member

Hope the Knicks 2nd Rounder isn't involved.

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Its not

12. Bboy

Bboy Member

Interesting....

On April 11, 2014, Brewer scored a career high 51 points in a 112-110 win over the Houston Rockets. In doing so he joined Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson and Rick Barry as the only players to record 50-plus points and 6-plus steals in one game.

13. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Corey Brewer leads the league in steals-per-game.

We now have 3...count them..3!!!! elite wing defenders.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just as a reminder the Rockets could have had as much as FOUR second round picks in 2015 and one of the 2nd rounders is this one-

2015 second round draft pick from Sacramento
    Sacramento's 2015 2nd round pick to Houston protected for selections 50-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Houston will be extinguished) [Houston-Sacramento, 9/17/2014]

The second 2nd rounder is labeled as "Future 2nd". Meaning its probably next years Rockets pick. The Rockets have the Knicks 2nd next year so they are still going to have at least 2 draft picks next year to play with in 2016 if this is the case.

Did you really want the Rockets to have to worry about 4 rookie 2nd rounders next year taking up roster spots and keeping the likes of free agents and Llull from signing?

Also they might have a 1st rounder this year from the Pelles pick too. Sometimes its best to limit the amount of 2nd rounders you have in one year if your a team like the Rockets.

Also... the Rockets buy up 2nd rounders like they were nothing. I'm not worried about that too much.

2 people like this.
  15. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

I like this trade. Rockets add another good defensive player to the team while trading away Daniels, a notoriously one-way, sparsely used player.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Well I was wrong. Still, that Kings one doesn't sting too much. Will probably be mid 2nd. I wonder what that other one is though.....

17. Raven

Raven Member

Lack of depth, leading to heavy minutes for the starters, is something I harped on all Summer, and I'm glad it's finally being addressed.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cant argue that. The only reason I'd think we had a shot -- legitimate role here to play 23+ mpg and get off 5 three point attempts. If the man wants to play somewhere he'd actually have an impact I think this is the spot.

I'd just love to add a true shooter to this team that isn't 100% 1-dimensional. It seems weird we haven't had one in the rotation considering the gameplan. And if Terry goes I'd like some veteran leadership too (not that I'm sweating the loss of Terry).

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Great pickup.

Could really benefit KPap in our bench lineup the most.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Brewer is NOT an elite wing defender just because he leads the league in steals.