1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Melkart

Melkart Member

If you talk away the top of the key and half court shots, Brewer shoots 31.3% for 3. You can work with that.

2. Melkart

Melkart Member

[fixed]

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The way that article describes Corey's footwork reminds me of how Arian Foster is described--he is able to plant his foot, freeze his defender, and blow by with a change of direction.

I also think his acceleration speed is very high so he can have separation from his man. He runs like a gazelle those first few steps and the defense can't catch up.

4. torocan

torocan Member

I like this trade. Daniels wasn't getting any minutes anyway.

It won't move the needle a lot, but it should improve the team.

5. Possum

Possum Member

Yes! Yes I do. I threw out this little nugget 3 hours before it was mentioned anywhere. And I want my own thread "Possum....paging possum!!!". And don't forget the question marks. :p

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Should have made a thread if you wanted that insider status. Now, no one cares. :p

7. Possum

Possum Member

Oops wrong quote

8. Possum

Possum Member

Dammit what will I do now? My life won't be complete without having insider status on clutchfans!!!!:(

9. basketballholic

This is all true and I also wrote about it earlier.

However, you are leaving out one minor important tidbit.

And that is Brewer is also great in TRANSITION DEFENSE. The reason TRANSITION DEFENSE is so important is because right now we are top 3 in the league in turnovers. We may be actually leading the league in turnovers. Haven't checked lately. But we're way up there. Corey is going to help our transition defense tremendously.

10. 9baller

9baller Member

Any word on if he or Shved will be with the team tonight?

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They replaced 2 players that we hoped would never see floor time for 2 margin rotation players on 2 of the worst teams in the NBA...thereby upgrading the bottom of the deck for us.

Just keeping this down to earth.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Didn't know dmo was a margin rotation player

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks bud. Rep given.

1 person likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Daniels, Garcia ---> Brewer, Shved

Where does Dmo factor in?

15. vlaurelio

He said brewer is just a margin rotation player

Brewer avgs more minutes than dmo this season

28 mins per game ain't no margin rotation player. That's more like 6th man/first guy off the bench

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm not saying Brewer won't help and he will crack the rotation especially with the injuries and Kevin's connection, but you need to be realistic about the player we are getting and what this means for the team. Someone who can get minutes to replace those that shouldn't.

Pluses are less minutes for Ariza who hasn't been all that since the start of the season (I still think Harden keeps getting too many minutes as Mchale is in it for the W and Harden is key); more transition points; more steals; possible agreement with us to not pick up the player option to keep that "flexibility" alive. Minuses are poor half court offense shooter; gambler on steals leads to being out of position on D; unless he breaks out with us, might be hard to trade at the deadline as I do think he picks up the player option if he is traded.

You should always be leery of getting a meh player from one of the worst teams in the NBA...especially one that lost all their stars.

17. vlaurelio

So you moved goal posts now earlier you said we just improved our bottom deck

I think shved has a legit chance to backup pbev

And brewer can backup harden and ariza/papa since papa will be playing some Pf

All I'm sayin they are from bottom deck in our lineup

They have a legit chance to play over terry, Johnson, and Canaan unlike Cisco and daniels

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

DMo was a marginal rotation player before Jones and Howard went down.

Anyway, this is a good trade. But I am not jumping on the bandwagon yet because any or both of those players might not be a Rocket past the trade deadline.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

prepare to be wrong ... McHale is going to play these guys.

20. vlaurelio

And they need to be played and be productive in order for us to get someone valuable out of them