1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

So you think in order to get a "starter" you only need to give up a couple crappy second rounders and an end of bench guy?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

OH definitely he'll look like a better defender here. I wasn't knocking him by not calling him Elite on defense.

Just think he can't compare to a guy like Dwight or Ariza on defense and even Beverly. These are guys that when other teams play us, they hope those guys sit out. They are all so disruptive on defense.

Brewer though is going to be a good player for us. You have to respect his shot, he's a good fast break guy, good teammate. Just a good fit.

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It is a player option though I believe so wouldn't it make sense for him to opt out if he has a good showing with a contender the rest of the season and playoffs? Not sure if we would want him to opt out at that point but I guess we see what the future holds. I am sure he can secure a 3 year deal at 4M per if he were to opt out.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Many of us, including myself, have been harping on the fact that if a 3rd star is unavailable, the best thing to do is to fill out that bench with quality role players. This trade does just that.

I'm still not sure about Dorsey and Black backing up the 5 spot and obviously T-Jones needs to get healthy, but there is some quality depth now on this roster.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Im no Parsons fan but this is pushing it.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

it's all about the easy buckets from a north to south game.

as for the defense...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Excited to hear people bigging up Corey Brewer's defense: <a href="http://t.co/GeeLauEjHy">pic.twitter.com/GeeLauEjHy</a></p>&mdash; Taco Trey Kerby (@treykerby) <a href="https://twitter.com/treykerby/status/546033282958508032">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Breaking news Rockets acquire Corey Brewer, they somehow found a way to make their perimeter defense worse</p>&mdash; 0h85 (@sitReaLM) <a href="https://twitter.com/sitReaLM/status/546031866999226368">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

On a side note,

10 bucks for anyone who can correctly predict what will Mo William say to Troy Daniels in their first practice together for the T-wolves.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jerry Zgoda @JerryZgoda
    Brewer said Harden and other Rockets were recruited him before game at Target Center recently to come over to their side

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good trade I like it. So once everybody is healthy...

PG: Beverley, Canaan, Johnson
    SG: Harden, Brewer
    SF: Ariza, Papanikolaou, Garcia
    PF: Motiejunas, Jones
    C: Howard, Black, Dorsey

Turiaf is out for the year and expiring so I won't add him to our depth.

10. Progs

Progs Member

LOL!!!

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Keeping the Knicks' pick is huge. It is basically a late 1st rounder. Good job Morey. I like Troy, but even Nick Johnson was ahead of him in the rotation. I wish him the best of luck.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

You're forgetting our best bench player thus far, Jason Terry.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I guess we will find out what his defense is like on the Rockets. I'll trust Morey in this one.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You forgot Terry and Capela too.

#354 saleem, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Kool-Aid? That's the elixir, brocephus. It fixes everything.

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

When it comes to playoffs time I 100% agree.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Is the trade completed as is or are they still looking to bring in a third team?

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think steals have become UNDERRATED.

Morey did an interview a few years ago about Lin where he talked about good turnovers and bad turnovers and how turnovers in the paint aren't as bad because they don't lead to fast breaks that much. However, getting picked on the perimeter or as you come across halfcourt or in the passing lanes is devastating because it creates easy transition baskets.

We aren't asking Brewer to be a lockdown defender. We are asking him to help energize the second unit with transition points.

19. CrashTheBoards

Yeah i guess it went tpe for brewer
    Daniels for turiaf

2 separate deals one of which included the picks

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Somebody hasn't watched Rockets games this season. Aside from Harden improving dramatically does this dude not know who Patrick Beverley is or that we traded for Trevor Ariza?