1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Love/Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 713, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Obito

Obito Member

Poor Brew, only 3 pages lol. I feel bad for him, he tries really hard, you can tell he's a great guy & a favorite in the locker room.

Let's hope last night was the sign of a turnaround.

Don't think it's been MIA, concerning fast breaks I just think he's not making the layups he used to. He still slashes but it's either a) he doesn't catch the ball (turnover) b) it's a bad pass (turnover) c) he's ignored or d) he catches the ball and gets met at the rim (miss, foul or blocked).

IMO with Brewer his biggest problem has always been timing.

Scenario: In San Antonio, Spurs 112 - Rockets 114, 1:02 left in the 4th. Brewer steals the ball, goes 1 on 2 against Kawhi & Patty Mills, gets passed Patty Mills but gets stuffed by Kawhi nasty. Now it's Spurs ball, 5 on 4 cause he got his **** packed so badly that he flew into the first row. Spurs make an easy layup. Tie game. Momentum shifts to the Spurs. *everyone's like **** Brewer*

I feel like scenarios like that happen ALL THE TIME with Brewer.

In retrospect, it's not a bad play, but it's the timing. He doesn't have that mental click to say "hey 57 seconds left, we're up two, let me just wait for the offense and slow the pace down."

He's always been THAT type of player, the difference is, he's not making those type of shots anymore.

2. phantoman

phantoman Member

Go Brewer! Help us gain a few extra possession by running down court!

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not a game goes by that i don't yell out "fukin brewer!" at some point

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's improved his play the last few games. At least that's been my perception. Sure, improvement is a relative term. Sort of like me saying, "Hey! I didn't run that red light!" right after running a stop sign. Still, his play seems to have improved. While I'd be shocked if it lasted, I welcome any sign of improvement in his game.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. phantoman

phantoman Member

His coach loves him, that is all the matters.

Just putting it out there

From feigen's twitter.
    D'Antoni last night on Brewer's season-high 15 pts. "Hes been playing well for a while." Seems clear. Leads the team in net rating, plus 12.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thank yo ubrewer for playing lik ea borderline avg role player this season so u can have some kidn of trade value. i was worried you'd be even worse than last season but you proved me wrong. avg 4 whole points in a single game! not bad brewer, not bad at all. go get us an unprotected first

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everyone appreciates the pictures Brewer keeps in his safety box.

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

Thought he was traded. Meh

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

Worst player I've seen in a regular rotation. Idk what happened the last 2 years but he fell off quick.

10. vick

vick Member

Maybe in a different time line Brewer would be a good player, but in this reality he sucks.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How does he even get into the NBA with out the ability to dribble
    I am shocked that they don't press him all the time
    Cause I could pick his pocket . . .his handles are garbage

He is a great slasher but average to below average finisher which makes it worse

Rocket River

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Corey Brewer gives every kid the possibility of one day becoming an nba player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. chonox

chonox Member

Can't believe Brew is 6'9. I was hoping for a turnaround in the D'Antoni run and gun era where his slashing would come back but dudes been a bonafied scrub, still remaining hopeful he can turn things around.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Dash

Dash Member

His pet goat died

DreamShook likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I appreciate Brew's hustle. He doesn't quit.

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Corey Brewer has stepped up lately! Keep it going!

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If he can score 10 points average in each game, this thread will be given a like

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Member

This sequence is hilarious. Brewer passes up the wide open trey, drives, loses the ball and hands it back to Beard. He then slides to the top of the key to allow Beard more space. Hes wide open for another trey with Nene coming around to screen his man for an even more open trey but Beard knowing his personnel doesnt pass to him cause it would be a wasted assist.

LULZ, come on Sewer. Why do you shoot so bad?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. FANfrom86toNow

I honestly feel if Brewer wasn't on the team this year, we would have won 2 or 3 more games already by giving his time to other players, and lost no more because of what he has contributed.

We can't trade him soon enough for my tastes!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hvic

hvic Member

We give Brewer love and hate at different times and he's still on the team.