1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cops Gonna Cop] Trooper Kills Deaf Man Pulled Over for Speeding Violation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by el gnomo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I can't wait for that trial. I wonder if the dead guy will take the stand in his own defense.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I mean, it's a pretty simple Google search...

http://www.orovillemr.com/article/NB/20160615/NEWS/160619853

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I guess I've always misunderstood what the word "involuntary" means after watching that video. He straight up shot that guy on purpose. There was no reason to even draw his weapon at that point. So he involuntarily pulled out his gun and involuntarily pulled the trigger...and then said he has a male unwilling to get out of the car...involuntarily.

I just...

I...

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

If you can listen to all of this guy's rant, you must be possessed with superhuman abilities, but there's some good audio and video of the incident here. That cop is going down.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S2Iese__38w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was tough but had some good info. My question still stands...how in the f*** is it involuntary manslaughter? That was straight up murder.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Well, back on topic...

Here's an approximated route they took from when the trooper flashed his lights to where it ended.

[​IMG]

That's a long way to go without noticing a cop's flashing lights.

Here's Harris's car at the end of the chase.

[​IMG]

It's significantly damaged. There's no front left tire. A witness statement said the trooper's car was smoking, too. There seems to be a serious collision involved.

Harris's brother also mentioned that he had a distrust of the police and said it was because his disability makes it hard to communicate with law enforcement. That's understandable, but his record shows multiple arrests, including 3 separate cases of resisting arrest. I'd be willing to chalk up two arrests for communication difficulties, but three is a pattern.

From what we know, there's not much defense for the deceased. But again, there's very limited information so far.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Idiot.

10. Cohete Rojo

So any update on this story? It seems people just "forgot" about this one.

11. Duncan McDonuts

No smoking gun as news reports died off quickly about a week after it happened. The newest info was a bystander's cell phone recording showing Harris's car spun out on an exit ramp due to the cop's PIT maneuver. Harris then hits the gas and runs off again. It's clear he was running from the police but we still have no idea why or what happened at the final confrontation.

Kinda funny how people got real quiet once more evidence came out, though.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Bad boys bad boys whacha gonna do?