1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cops gonna Cop] Cop shoots caretaker of autistic man playing in the street with toy truck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

They have every right to be paranoid from the **** storm Obama has created. Today every cop in the united States have Dallas, Baton Rouge, Kansas and New York in the back of their mind every time they put their uniform.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

I'v a suggestion ,search: Black,cops,shot and if your search engine is't racist, the result would comes from way earlier time before Obama sneezed on this subject.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

In this scenario, the Citizens and cops are all afraid of an autistic man with a truck.

That's why the black caretaker got shot.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I was less paranoid with random Marjah villagers that I had no clue what their intentions were with AKs slung on their body.

Seriously. Just shut the **** up.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

You don't put on a uniform in any city and let those thoughts affect your performance. Yes you have them in the back of your head but you don't let them eat you up because you cannot do your job if they do. You have your guard up, but having paranoid civil service personnel does nothing for the cities they are in.

I'll wait to see what their video shows but if the officer was not provoked at all and shot his gun for no reason other than being paranoid then he should have his badge taken and be charged.

#25 nickb492, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Bro, no matter how angry you are, sometimes you have to look at yourself and ask:

If I am suspicious of a caretaker of an autistic kid being shot while his hands are in the air and even the cops can not comment right away... maybe I need to re-evaluate my position a little bit? Maybe the anger has pushed me to close to the edge?

Police officers are wrong sometimes, and if this is not one of those times, then what is it you really believe?

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

So now we can actually use Obama as a defense when police shoot innocent black people? Really? Are police always blameless?

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Now that was a dumbass move by law-enforcement!

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just be glad RocketLegend isn't a cop.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is unbelievable, crazy, and inexcusable. I feel very sorry for the man that got shot. I'm just glad that he is alive.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Did you not see this man with his hand in the air no threat to anyone an still got shot but you think there's more to it come on man.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Go back to stormfront where you can hang out with like minded racist scums such as yourself

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh stop crying. Always blaming the cops. Clearly this man was resisting the cops and his arm moved a bit in the video - he could have been reaching for a gun or encouraging the autistic man to take how his gun and start shooting at the cop.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

So many times you hear people from the right talk about how if the suspects just did as they were told they wouldn't be shot. What's the excuse now?

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

How and when will this stop?

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I want the full video with the shooting. This smells very fishy.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Free Milo.

19. amaru

amaru Member

At best this looks like a negligent discharge of a firearm. The officer should be punished, fired and subsequently charged. We will see if any of that happens. I'm always suspicious of internal investigations

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Just the facts version: So basically the cops are told theres a man with a gun in the street threatening suicide - they respond with guns drawn (because people with guns threatening suicide can easily turn the gun on others). The caretaker does the right thing. The cops see the other guy not responding (they don't know he's autistic yet). The autistic guy makes some kind of move and the cops fire three times at him (and luckily miss). A stray bullet hits the caretaker's leg.

The caretaker is currently negotiating a settlement with the city.

I think the officers were a little jumpy in this situation, but it doesn't warrant attempted murder by any means - but its really easy for us to play Monday -morning quarterback with more facts than the cops had.

I agree with amaru on this - negligent discharge of a firearm - officers should be punished and fired.