1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Copa America 2024

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jun 15, 2024.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

not gonna defend berhalter but the fact may be the we just don't have good enough players. i've resigned myself to the idea that we will never field a team good enough to compete with the elite countries.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Aware

Aware Member

i honestly think the talent on this usmnt is a little overrated. better than previous teams? sure but i dont think the usmnt is at the point where they can overlook any opponent in international competitions. its always easier to take the role of pesky underdog that sits back and hits teams in the counter than being the team with the quality to impose your own pace and style. that was always the role that gave the usmnt its best results.

something i mentioned here is that not having qualifiers hurt. while concacaf is filled with **** teams, the grind of it does help develop an identity. this is not something that you really get from short tournaments like copa america. regardless, this is big failure for sure.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Messi bailed out by Emily Martinez. As much as I dislike him, dude is great at saving spot kicks.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I am a big fan of gegenpressing, as I think it works and fits with our historical culture, but again, if we can't put the ball on frame with pace the tactics themselves are meaningless. We need a new striker to do it.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

we had 3/8 shots on goal, WTF

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We could have had Jesse Marsch instead of Berchoker.....

DD

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Hopefully Uruguay wins it all

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member