1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cop Punches Woman During Jaywalking Stop

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KaiSeR SoZe, Jun 15, 2010.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

#1 KaiSeR SoZe, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I love when people think they can put their hands on a cop and nothing will happen! :grin:

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He should've tased her instead. Oh wait...tasing isn't PC. Ask her politely?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

She wasn't just being uncooperative, she put her hands on the cop first, I don't see a problem with what he did. If she was just verbally assaulting him, it would not be necessary, but the cop did not do anything until she became physical with him.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

she got what she deserved.

i don't know why women keep thinking they can just do whatever they want to a guy and get away with it. especially a police officer who is trying to do his job.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yep, i'm with you. plus he was a cop by himself (it seems) with 2 people acting against him plus another 2-5 who are their friends in the vicinity. it was a threatening situation, and she started the contact

7. kookoo4tofu

kookoo4tofu Member

yep, totally agree. i don't feel bad for the woman at all. probably got what she deserved.

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I agree. For the cop the circumstance was threatening. She could've just gotten her jaywalking ticket and left but she'll probably be in for worse now.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I like it better for cops to be in groups of two as they are able to control a crowd better. Honestly the cop should have body slammed her to the ground and cuffed her, but after he saw the cameras rolling he likely got worried and tried to be more PC which put himself in danger.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I completely agree with you. The policeman was way out of line hitting her in the face, but idiotic people have to realize you cannot obstruct a police officer without facing (sometimes catastrophic) consequences. Fortunately here, it was captured on video and the cop & both ladies can be punished accordingly.

I don't know police procedures, but maybe he could have put her down and cuffed her instead of throwing the punch. I don't see how the punch can be defended as proper. If the cop had yanked her down to the ground face-first and cuffed her, I don't think anyone could have complained.

I agree she "got what she deserved", but that isn't the point when an officer is enforcing the law. Being surrounded by a bunch of people and inflaming the situation with a punch could have escalated the situation into something MUCH worse.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

http://memegenerator.net/Cop-Punching-b****-/ImageMacro/1338234/Cop-Punching-b****-LOOK-b****.jpg

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I see nothing wrong with the actions of the officer. He was in a potentially dangerous situation, and someone was aggressive toward him, so he did what he felt he had to do in order to make them retreat. I can't blame him for that in the heat of the moment. It's not as if he went after her and kept wailing on her, which would not have been acceptable at all.

13. Dei

Dei Member

The punch was retaliatory. It was thrown after the woman in pink successfully obstructed an officer. The appropriate action was to arrest her too. The punching would've been justified if she was still in the process of obstruction.

That said, the officer looked pretty inept at subduing.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Black women always wanna instigate,...get involed,....act above the law,....

Sometimes they need to be punched in the face.

Props to the bacon.

4 people like this.
  15. Mae

Mae Member

Priceless. If he had someone would have cried foul and said, "He tased her! Wouldn't it have been better if he had punched her?"

It's always considered "too much" nowadays.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

She better be glad she doesn't live in Texas. In Texas, we taser the sh** out of everything. I wish that was our state motto.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yWaE8tTlsc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yWaE8tTlsc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Nice punch. Still hate cops.

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm not always happy with what the police do but I don't see a problem with what happened. Unfortunately, he'll probably be reprimanded somewhat for it.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

baylorbear09?