1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cool events for Super Bowl week?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bogey, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Just wonderring if anybody knows of cool/party events going on next week, preferably Monday or Tuesday evening?

2. ees

ees Member

Depending on how much money you want to spend. The Chronicle has a whole slew of things if you check their special online section......

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

most parties are on thursday, friday or sat.

boaka bar has some party on Wed. i think..

chec out---> www.vinylpimp.com

4. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Anyone think the Main Event downtown will actually end up being anything resembling mardi gra? I took that Friday and Monday off so I am just hoping the street parties will be as good as advertised. Not going to try the high roller cover charges as it seems everytime I pay big bucks for a party, I always end up feeling that I didn't get my moneys worth (i.e. every NYE for the past 3 years). My 100 bucks will instead go to lots of beer on the streets of downtown houston!

5. ees

ees Member

I know they are really hoping that this street party does well. They closed off 16 blocks on main and are attempting to set up beer gardens, concerts and whatnot to draw a crowd - should be interesting to see if it turns out. From what many restaurant and bar owners have been saying, they are prepared for capacity and figure it to be one of the biggest nights this city has seen.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

How hard do y'all think will it be to get to the 2:30 Rockets vs. New Jersey game on Sat? I got tickets.

7. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I think it is really cool how they have set up a shuttle system that will run until 2:30am... talk about doing everything possible to get people to have a good time! One of the shuttle stops is right by my apartments in the galleria (Hotel Derek) and it'll be so great to not have to worry about drinking and driving and to just be able to go out and party!

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I took my vacation this week so I could do all this stuff.