1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Controversial) Silas chooses KPJ over Green to end game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2021.

?

What would YOU, yes YOU have done?

1. PLAYED BOTH

66 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. BENCHED GREEN

21 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. BENCHED KPJ

35 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. BENCHED BOTH

25 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

This team looks way behind schedule. I expected KPJ and Green to be a whole lot better. I can see us getting the number 1 pick this year. I thought we would be catching a lot of people by surprise and I thought green would be consistently scoring in the 20s. Might as well trade wood and Eric Gordon for more picks next year.

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I simply think Silas just wanted to pull out a victory and had his vets in there rather than gamble on a turnover by the rookie. It’s a tough call unfortunately KPJ jacked up a bad shot. Anyone can go back and criticize a decision. He had his reasons. I’m
    More concerned about KPJ and Wood’s decision making and lack of playmaking ability. Despite the streaky shooting i like that green is agressive and confident. He’s shown playmaking ability and flashes of brilliance. That shot against AD and the 30 pt game against Boston are defining moments I think in this young man’s possible all star career much like when iverson crossed over Jordan. Again it’s a marathon. I like that this team is playing the best in the west and not backing down. This is a good sign as we have seen young teams like the Suns or grizzlies or even Boston in the past going after the big dogs but end up losing close games only to learn and grow into something better.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

All of this is a work in progress.

@D-rock posted an individual citing the
    incredible ORtg and DRtg of a lineup of:
    KPjr, Green, Kenyon, Tate, Wood

I felt Silas would go to that, but ask
    yourself who plays the end of 3rd
    Quarter and beginning the 4th before
    inserting our lineup of death?

Augustin, Eric Gordon, Armoni, Sengun, Theis

All that we gain we lose before the lineup of death enters in the 4th at about 9 minutes remaining.

Things are not as easy to sort out as people here
    make it out to be.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t think KPJ is the guy. He’s regressed and not focused. Too many turnovers and dribbling and not enough scanning the floor or attacking and finishing. He missed a wide open reverse dunk today and plays like that are the difference between winning and losing.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Honestly the thing I worry the most about Green is his timidness on help defense, and rebounds. It's okay to be skinny and undersized, but you cant shy away from putting your body in there to box out or contest with some authority when you double the post. A lot of times he's almost scared when someone is under the rim with him that's bigger

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas has to know the most important thing this season: Developing our high draft rookies Green and Sengun.

Winning a game for tanking team is meaningless.
    But if he can’t give Green and Sengun good environment to grow, he will be fired soon.

7. MystikArkitect

Green is a rookie with tremendous upside and intangibles you can't teach. Same with Sengun.

KPJ and Wood are dudes that score on bad teams.

smoothie likes this.
  8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

He should always keep Green at the end of the game...because we know he is our franchise player.....keep him in everything. Green should be upset...take Tate out

9. fattz

fattz Member

It’s not anything more than lack of structure. The whole “5 out - free flowing offense” is counterproductive with this team. Coach didn’t call a time out because he doesn’t have plays or sets or anything. It’s hard to teach from nothingness —> Silas is reactionary vs proactive. Watch how he speaks in the past tense. Coach is not telling anyone anything ever. He says what should have happened.

10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It was a close game. Same with against Lakers and Suns. Rockets are expected to stink at end game situations and for a team that is completely rebuilding.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

KPJ is like a carbon copy of Green. They both have tremendous upside and should be part of the Rox's future moving forward.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Way behind schedule? 1 yr rebuild is way behind schedule? Lol. Look at GSW and OKC and see how long it took to rebuild from the year they drafted Curry and KD.

Im happy with our record we need more talent and having our own pick means its the best time to tank. I hope the Rox keep losing all thru out the season. Silas is doing a great job every loss is a win.

Stephen_A likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

KPJ has nowhere near the upside of Green. They're not even in the same stratosphere.

Like saying Theiss and Sengun have the same upside.

rockets1995, Stephen_A and smoothie like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Where's the ship KPJ to China option?

I cannot wait until he's off this team.

Talk about a loser mentality.

The amount of times he makes a mistake, or takes a terrible attempt in the key and it misses horribly. His body language is absolutely atrocious.

He is the kind of player you will never, ever see contributing on a good team.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Should have benched both and went with 3 on 5.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not only should green have been out there with the ball in his hands, he should be taking the most FGAs on the team every night. only one way for him to figure it out is to get that experience. how can he get good at closing out games when they actually count if he doesn't get the practice during the tanking years?

Stephen_A likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Unacceptable. This season is only about Green's development and moments like these are hugely important. Silas should be embarrassed.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree. I like the ball in green hands. He doesn’t turn it over as much as KPJ. Seems to make better decisions. I’d like him to have more experience running the offense through him. I just don’t like Wood and KPJ and believe they’ve hindered this team but I still have faith.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

bench both and play jaychris

@Williamson pls confirm

Williamson likes this.
  20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I just don’t think Wood and KPJ are in the Rox long term plans with their erratic play and it’s a shame since they’re both very talented. It seems KPJ hasn’t really developed his court vision and control but rather focused more on dribbling, footwork and three point shooting in the off season. The mental game is so important for players and from what I’ve seen from these two it’s just not there. Aside from the mental, Wood isn’t a dominant scorer by any means and got pushed around by Jeff green today. Like I said too slow to blow by players and too weak for the post. He relies on step back threes and long twos a lot. Regardless these two are still fun to watch and I like what I see from the team and green’s development.