1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONSPIRACY THEORIES: What is one conspiracy theory you believe?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 11, 2020.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Crazy reading this.. so a few weeks ago, my wife was talking about McDonalds. We hadn’t stepped foot or drove through McDonalds in a good year. I surely haven’t looked it up. So anyways, she mentioned McDonalds while talking about her sister and our niece. Well **** you not, I pick up my iPhone and google maps pops up “16 min to McDonalds”. I mean what the **** is that!

Two Sandwiches and Jontro like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

3. JW86

JW86 Member

There are some that are obvious, let's start with US government / FBI / CIA involvement in:
    • flooding ghettos with drugs in the 60s / 70s through COINTELPRO, which ties in with their attempt to disband the Black Panther Party.
    • use of the KKK to do their dirty work.
    • killing Martin Luther King, probably also in the case of Malcolm X.
    • killing John F. Kennedy.
    • the very plausible idea that HIV was man made, purposefully injecting homosexuals during a drug trial with HIV / AIDS in the 1980s, as gay men in particular would be more likely to get and people were with a black genome - dark skin - are much more likely to get it. Could be part of the bigger plan to decrease the world population and since gay and black people at the time were among the most hated, vilified and looked down on, it's not that far-fetched in my opinion.
    • allowing the state of Israel to go about their business, in cahoots with the Zionist movement and lobby in the US.
    • using the prison system to have access to slave labour, creating and abusing police and law enforcement structures in order to control the population demographic and target non-whites in particular.
    • 9-11
    • backing corrupt leaders in Africa, mainly around the end of colonisation, to further their own goals and for their own gain.
    • disrupting the Middle-East for oil and monetary gains.
    In these last 3 there is using Bin Laden, Sadam Hussein and Muamar Qaddafi as scapegoats - turned on them - partly to keep an anti- Muslim sentiment aside from what's already been mentioned. I don't necessarily believe Bin Laden is dead. The US loves to flaunt with dead bodies of important people, but this one they tossed in the sea, supposedly in accordance with some Muslim law?

There's probably more but this is from the top of my head.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Definitely true, been talking about this a lot with friends lately and I think our voices being recorded - via phones at least - for ads cannot even be considered a conspiracy anymore. What's even crazier is how I wore linnen pants once and I almost 99% certain I hadn't said a word about it, yet going on Facebook later there's a freaking ad for the same type of pants!! So must have been through the phone / Macbook camera.

I think the conspiracy comes in to what degree are Google, Apple, Faceook and the like in cahoots with each other and how much are governments involved. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10-20 years they use all this information we've shared through social media, phone apps etc. to a very organised type of society where we will all comply. Some type of mass manipulation.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The Chinese government had some type of involvement in making COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic. I don't know if they specifically designed it and planned an attack, were messing with coronaviruses as a method of drug treatment, it got out, and they washed their hands... I don't know exactly what their involvement was, but I feel more and more that regardless of whether it was purposely done, they didn't mind that it got out and crippled the economies of half the world, as well as killing lots of people.

On second thought I'm not sure this is really a conspiracy. Oh well...

Jontro likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This is absolutely a thing. About 2 months ago I was talking to a friend about getting food, and he mentioned Cane's. I haven't eaten Cane's in years, did not search for it, and when I went to google I type the letter "C" and boom → Top result: "Raising Cane's"

B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Yeah...you're batshit crazy.

Two Sandwiches, GRENDEL and King1 like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

I've found that to be called crazy is one of the best compliments you can get, so thanks :)

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Craziest dumb thing I've read in a long while:

Tom Hanks, Ellen DeGeneres & Oprah are all part of a huge Hollywood pedophile ring
    Tom Hanks received Greek Citizenship this week so he could escape prosecution because we have no extradition treaty with Greece (we actually do and his citizenship is only honorary but you know..facts)
    There's a 12 story underground fortress under the Getty Museum that all A-list actors use through the secret elevators in their houses which leads into tunnels directly to the pedophile fortress.

Yes, there are actually people that believe this and their numbers are growing.

[​IMG]

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Conspiracy theories become possible and plausible because of mix of:
    1. Negotiable facts - Everything is negotiable in our society. There are no agreed upon objective facts. Or rather that list is getting smaller and smaller.
    --- i.e. We cannot even agree on what makes one a girl or a boy . . . . male/female man/woman - Everything is now a spectrum
    2. So Many have actually happened. Tuskegee, CIA Selling Drugs in poor communities, etc .
    3. We have a fundamental lack of trust in each other and our institution.

Rocket River

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a conspiracy theory but... I think it's probable that this is all a simulation.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think coronaviruses were being researched, so they were being manipulated during the research. At some point, this mutated strain inadvertently got it. This isn't really a conspiracy theory, but I think it's what actually happened.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Also, I'll throw this in there...

I believe Oswald shot JFK by himself.

HOWEVER....

If you want to believe there was a conspiracy theory, I think the only conspiracy theory I could get behind would be that Oswald and Ruby were both agents of MKUltra and were mind controlled by someone, and thus, had no idea what they were doing.

I have no evidence to support this. Just something I could believe, if someone presented evidence. Lol.

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not sure this should be filed under "believed conspiracies" or under "stupid **** cf members spew out"...

but recent personal events have me about 99.8% positive we are living in a computer simulation. Not quite Matrix-esque experiences...but definitely feel there are too many coincidences to discount real life is being conducted in a digital environment. Not sure who the users are...but sometimes things fit a little too neatly.

That being said, I did take a puff before work today...so maybe I'm spacing out a bit...still waiting for Neo to come save me, though.

KingCheetah likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Baader-Meinhof phenomenon -- I started really noticing this over the past 20 years or so -- it's really weird sometimes.

B-Bob and boomboom like this.
  18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Didn't know about that phenomenon. So now I'll start seeing the Baader-Meinhof mentioned everywhere.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What about the possibility that after the first shot, an SS agent drew his weapon and inadvertently fired it, striking Kennedy?

Two Sandwiches and B-Bob like this.
  20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

may have been mentioned, but trump is allowing the spread of corona to try to delay the elections.

now that he has admitted to wanting to delay them it's seeming more probable. ever since he was elected i've been scared of what he'll do to stay in power once he gets voted out. i know it's up to the congress to decide to delay elections, but trump has shown that he doesn't care what he is allowed or not allowed to do.

if he decides to not relinquish control he'll have to lean on the police and the military to maintain peace, which could be why he panders to them so much.

i'm gonna stop because i'm freaking myself out.

#140 fallenphoenix, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020