1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I doubt either console XB1/PS4 will sell in China. Been there myself and video games are too expensive. It's cheaper for the mainlanders to import it from HK. Not only is the console expensive, so are the games. It's not at a affordable price point for even the middle class citizens to purchase one. The second hand market and piracy is huge there.

I read on NG it'll cost about $800 usd, that would be about $4,900 rmb. For $5,000 rmb, the majority in China would rather have a iphone or ipad.

2. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

So, Microsoft will now be selling XB1s without the Kinect:

http://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-one-price-cut-what-you-need-to-know/

Interesting. There were a lot of people (many on this board included) who thought Microsoft would never unbundle the Kinect.

They're also taking down the paywall for streaming apps like Netflix (matching Sony), and they're starting a program of monthly free games and discounts, similar to PS+.

Discuss.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

show me Halo 5 or Gears of War or Next Gen Street Fighter.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

But but but...Kinect is integral to the next gen experience. That's why you have to buy one along with the Xbox...wait...ohhh...

I feel bad for the developers that fell for that bull****, especially Harmonix; they're a great studio.

The best part was Microsoft saying this wasn't purely for sales. Hahahahahahahaha...hahahhaa....hahahahhahaa.

Yeah okay, you're backtracking on every statement you made, and dropping the price because you love everyone.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They'll show it at E3. They'll probably show some CGI for Gears also... Last one has nothing to do with Microsoft. (Aren't they making Tekken X Street Fighter? Or is it the other way around? I get them mixed up since there's 2.)

6. BinBinRingRing

They will probably rerelease street fighter 4 with some more content, again.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL, bye bye PlayStation...... Nice try thou I will admit.... Once Halo 5 is released things will go very bad for PS4... Halo 5+$399 Xbox One = RIP PS4....... I'm sooo excited......

Come back my fellow Xbox Owners, we all know the story of the prodigal son and its okay. We understand the desire to explore something else out there only to find out it was garbage. We still love you and will sacrifice the fattest cow here in the upcoming E3 for you to feast on once you have returned. Greatness awaits ;)

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You are truly naive.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

You are truly wrong.....

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Want to make a wager on that? $50 to the tip jar?
    PS4 will still lead in global sales by the end of this year. I'll even give you the same bet next year.

Then again since I know you won't pay up should I even be bothering?

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Any news on the new Uncharted game?

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Wait for E3.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yes.... Let the anger consume you...And a wager lol? you are that confident in Sony? PS4 has gained a lot of momentum on Xbox so I don't expect The One to be ahead by the end of the year but in 2015 this market belongs to Microsoft. The only reasons anyone would buy the PS4 is the price. Now that Xbox has matched it I don't see how anyone would chose it over Microsoft.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm confident that you have no clue what you're talking about. I'm also confident that you're too p***y to put your money where your mouth is.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Haha you soo mad...... Chill, its just game consoles not your sister.... I'm very confident in that I don't want to engage in childish wagers and bets online with an overdramatic diva defending PlayStation... I don't see your Xbox Live gamer tag...

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep...super mad. You can't be older than 18. As for me not having Xbox Live; that's irrelevant. I guarantee you I was on Xbox Live before you'd even heard of it.
    Anyway, you've already shown you're scared. Moving on.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The only thing Xbox One had over pS4 was Kinect. Now that it's gone people will be paying the same price for a weaker system. What else does Xbox One have? TV functionality? No one cares about that.

19. BinBinRingRing

Withou Kinect why wouldn't MS sell Xbox One cheaper than PS4 since PS4 is more powerful? I think they can if they want to.

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I think the $399 Xbone is a worse value than the $499 with Kinect, but not everyone wants to drop $500+. This will get some people into the system and if they decide they want the Kinect later, they'll pay the $129+ for it. It's like the 360 when they had the HD-DVD or wifi add ons, cept I don't think many people purchased either of them.