1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Lmao. Great idea actually.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I usually end up the same.

Though actually, for the first time, at the end of March I actually did take my first two days off of the year with the express purpose of playing Final Fantasy X HD. I totally played it for like 13 hours a day both days. It was glorious. I hadn't sunk my teeth into an RPG like that for a few years.

And god... my backlog of games... I don't even want to think about it anymore. I don't just have a PS3/360/PC/3DS backlog... I have a PS2 & PSP backlog. A giant one. I'll never catch up on all the stuff I want to check out.

3. RMGEEGEE

**** dude... I've avoided the 3DS to contain my backlog. And you're talkin about PS2 and PSP as well?? Might as well give up lol.

FFX was probably worth it though. That game was amazing. I wanted to pick up the HD version but the last time I played it, I invested 80 hours into it... no way that can happen now with the other stuff I gotta finish.

4. Drexlerfan22

Pretty much! Lol.

I've made an effort to not re-play games too often, at the end of the day I would rather experience more of them. But I've really wanted to re-play FFX for years. I kept waiting because the HD version was announced forever ago. Now that it's finally here... it's definitely as good as I remembered, and I don't just want to beat it, I want to max it out. Do everything there is to do. Which is a ton of stuff, even moreso than before because it's based on the International Edition. Them Dark Aeons are tooooouuuuuuugh. I've actually put in 80+ hours on it, and I'm nowhere near done. I haven't put that much time into many games in recent years. Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Valkyria Chronicles are pretty much the only ones I can think of.

5. RMGEEGEE

I feel ya. I'm 40 hours deep into Dark Souls 2 right now and I certainly enjoy it, but it doesn't pull me in like FFX did.
    I remember playing Blitz Ball until my guys' stats were so good, I couldn't lose. Then the amount of time spent going after the legendary weapons (forgot what they were called), getting all of Yuna's summons, etc. The storyline for FFX is top 3 for me, I'd say. Loved it.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Backlog...yeah...I'm not even going to bother discussing it. I have so many games I need to finish I might as well stop playing them period. On my evil play through on Infamous right now. The game has yet to get old for me...

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

since GTAV was on sale for xbox360, i decided to go to best buy the other day and it looks like it was all sold out

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I got the FFX HD as well and still love it. I remember years ago that game kept me from going stir crazy. Before I had a good job and my own place I was living with my sister and the season had ended for my job at Fiesta Texas so they let us go and I was jobless for almost a good solid month.

It was driving me crazy just putting in application at these part time jobs and not hearing anything back. I decided to pop in FFX again since i had nothing else going and no money to go and do anything else. I put in work on that game with all the side missions and such, but fell in love with blitzball hard. On my original play through I hated having to do the blitzball part and thought it was a waste of time but I spent hours on hours building up my team in to a bunch of beasts. We could not be beat, haha

9. Drexlerfan22

Bahaha... yes! Blitzball rocks! I've always loved it myself.

At the moment I'm running Tidus, Eigaar, Brother, Ropp, & Naida. They are all about level 45 now. I had Nimrook at goalie of course, but he was getting like no experience because he never got to do anything. So I released him in hopes that another team would sign him and develop him. Picked up Miyu to fill in.

Do you find the Jecht Shot 2 even worth using, btw? At the level I'm at the amount of HP it costs seems wasteful. Not sure I really get how the invisible shot aspect works either.

I also wonder about Tackle Slip vs Tackle Slip 2. I almost feel like you can take on less guys on with 2, because the risk of getting disoriented and losing a tech is so high with multiple tacklers. Tidus is my only guy with Tackle Slip 2 at the moment, since he can ignore most tacklers with his Jecht Shot anyway.

And which status do you like to inflict the most? I tend to use Wither most of the time.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh man that was almost 10 years ago when I tried to become the Blitzball Mother****in Master! I barely remember any set ups I had.

Wish I still had my PS2 copy of FFX so I could check. Still have my old PS2 memory card simply because I had a lot of good saves on it and have my PS2 console in the closet collecting dust.

I do remember I like to use the Venom techniques for poison. And Wither was def good too, but I always went to that Venom most of the time.

And I agree about Jecht Shot 2. I remember being pretty excited when I obtained it but then I didn't even use the damn thing

Once i get the time i'm going to delve into Blitzball on FFX HD and build that championship team Morey style!

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Guys....quit trying to push me into getting FFX HD. I hadn't even considered getting it since I have so many other games to play. But with all this blitzball talk, it is really tempting.

I'd buy a blitzball standalone game. That might be the #2 most popular request from SE, right after a FF7 remake. Haha.

Instead, we get 14 games involving Lightning.

12. Drexlerfan22

I'd be all over a standalone blitzball game for sure. The pre-set growths for every player is fun and all, but a bonafide blitzball career mode, Fifa-style with virtual pros and whatnot would be totally wicked.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not to change the subject from chocobos or whatever (haha) but I thought it was big news that below is not a xbox one exclusive. When I first saw this game I thought it looked incredible, but I'll either pick it up on steam. (or maybe even wait for the PS4 version, since I'm now hearing it's a timed exclusive)

The game looks beautiful, and vaguely familiar. It didn't dawn on me why until I read an article mentioned that the art style is inspired by zelda (think scale). I also really love the music and I'm not normally a...games music person. Apparently it's also uber difficult, "but fair"? Whatever that means.

Note: one of these links isn't 1080p, and youtube doesn't do it justice to begin with. sorry I couldn't find better, it's very pretty I promise.

[Edit] I didn't realize there was multiplayer. Bonus!

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/12/below-a-link-between-dark-souls-and-zelda/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lcs6SmnKwQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sZhK8I6-Zqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Br9tnV9j_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1713 seclusion, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  14. Christopher

Christopher Member

Next game I'm looking forward to on XBone is Elder Scrolls Online. Really want a game I can sink hours of life into. :-D

Still enjoying Titanfall. It gets better as you unlock mods.

I wish some of the launch games would come down in price. Wouldn't mind playing Ryse but not at full price.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just really saw videos of Below today but had heard of the game before and it def intrigues me. Glad to hear it is indeed coming to PS4.

If you are an Indie developer there's no reason not to release your game on PS4 unless you're locked into an exclusivity deal with Microsoft of course

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Question to any Wii U owners. I've been contemplating getting a Wii U simply because I'm a huge Smash Brothers fan and the new one looks good and can hopefully be on par with Melee. Also Mario Kart 8 looks very NICE and Zelda is always on the horizon. Plus if they announce a new Metroid that doesn't look like crap I'd probably go out and get one right now.

But anyway for those that already own a Wii U do you feel good about your purchase? Should I wait for a price drop? I want it to get down to $199 but I'm thinking it won't be that price for a while unless the Wii U's future starts looking grim.

I'm hoping they have a tasty bundle with Smash Bros whenever it releases ;)

17. Drexlerfan22

As has already been documented in this thread, I pretty much got mine just to play X when it comes out.

Still, even if X didn't exist, there are enough fun things on it that I don't think I'd regret the purchase, regardless. There's definitely some great fun to be had on NintendoLand, and it has Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate... Monster Hunter being one of my favorite series ever. ZombiU is also interesting, and of course there's the first parties, both the ones already here and the ones coming that you mentioned.

It's also very nice that it's backwards compatible with Wii titles. That's big for me. That way I can use it to play Wii stuff, so I can save my Wii for my Gamecube games (my Wii's disc drive has been making funny noises for a few years... don't want to stress it more than I need to).

Make no mistake: I don't use my WiiU as much as my PS3 (but more than my 360). But I still think it's worth having.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I love my Wii U; with that said it is collecting dust right now. I need to finish wind waker and mario 3d world, but they're now part of the insurmountable backlog.

It's mostly a Wii Fit U machine right now.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yes. Forgot to mention X. Enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii so that's a must have for me as well.

Also interested in Monster Hunter as I haven't tried the series before but hear it's addictive.

Looks like I'll just play the waiting game. I'm gonna get one but I'll just wait for the right bundle or price drop that catches my eye

Haha, and I wish I had the space for Wii Fit in my place. I could do it when I make excuses for myself not to go to the gym

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is there a way to transfer games I downloaded on PS3 to PS4?