1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments is on ps plus for free now.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its kind o funny that you just questioned my reading comprehension yet you have failed to understand that I never said it does not have a bright future... I said it is somewhat questionable and that is debatable because its an opinion not a fact...

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Unrelated to the 3 traditional consoles, but BTW I did purchase a New 3DS to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with.

I have to say it's a pretty great system... the only real downside is that the "c-stick" (which is really more like the c-nub) is pretty atrocious. You're not going to get the mileage out of it that you would a real stick. An original 3DSXL + Circle Pad Pro actually serves you better in this regard.

But everything else is great. The OS finally does not feel too heavy for the hardware, the additional shoulder buttons work surprisingly well despite the odd placement, and the star of the show is the new head-tracking 3D. With my previous 3DS the effect was just as good, but it was irritating to try to hold the system and my head totally rigid to maintain it. So I switched it off and left it off. I've been using the New 3DS for a few weeks... and now I've turned the 3D on and left it that way.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

You said:
    "[XB1] has a great future vs PS4 which is somewhat questionable."

Then gave no logical reason for that statement. The end.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

ITT : Arguing about arguing

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Damn. I didn't want to start WW3...

I'm leaning towards Xbox.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It wouldn't have mattered who posted what in this thread, it would have resulted in the same way. There are certain people on this forum (I dare not post their name, lest I invoke their idiocy) that are pretty consistent in their dumb****ery here.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't be persuaded by what others think. There are a lot of self proclaimed gaming experts here who think that because they have taken a couple of 3D classes all of a sudden their opinion is in some way superior. Actually talking about one specifically...... There are real game developers in this forum that don't hype themselves up every chance they get and are quick to offend disrespect anyone who dares cross their path.

Listen to the people who are actual game developers not those who dream of it.....

As for your choice, not sure when you are looking to buy but E3 is in June... Might want to wait and see which console wow's you the most before making a purchase. I do expect some pretty big announcements from Microsoft thou...

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha exactly, PC then WiiU, then who cares.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

I have only played about three games on PC.... Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite and NFSW..... Meh, they looked great but its not like owning a console. There is something about a consoles practicality and the new consoles look good enough in my opinion.... Its kind of funny how PC gamers swear on PC gaming yet they're controller of choice is an Xbox 360 controller.... I have high end gaming PC, still prefer consoles.... Its all preference...

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, the only thing that frustrates me on xbox one/ps4 is the load times of games. I'm okay with lesser graphics since sometimes it's a convenience thing, but I do get impatient waiting forever on some load screens... I'd be willing to upgrade to an SSD in either console if it meant loading stuff faster, like for example, nba 2k15 takes forever on my PS4 to load (I know 1st world problems /whining) but when your pc loads near instant in comparison it gets frustrating.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

"controller of choice" includes a mouse? If so then no, that isn't our controller of choice. xbox controller is just convenient.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah I'm keyboard and mouse all the way :) I do use a ps3/4/360 controller on a few 3rd person games (dark souls etc.)... But definitely prefer kb/mouse.

1 person likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I agree..... PC is unmatched in performance and load times but there is an upkeep to PC and that's what frustrates me. Graphics cards and drivers and just simply organization within the drive is somewhat tedious for me (also first world problems lol). I don't know, I cant possibly complain about load times after playing this on the original xbox....

[​IMG]

Also, do it!...... SSD's are much cheaper now and will work wonders for your PS4...... Check this out...
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-install-upgrade-ssd-ps4-playstation-4/

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is wii U fun? I really just want something I can get drunk and play with friends. That's why I think the kinect is perfect.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wii U might be better for that. Party games

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I guess you're right, but there are some games that take advantage of a controller... For example racing games like NFS..... I played that game every night and won over 600 online races with a keyboard.... I then tried an Xbox360 and accelerating with the right trigger was soo much better than pressing W.... W gave you one speed while the controller allowed for dynamic acceleration on curves and being able to keep the engine revved up while hitting a curve... Ah, good times...

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Everything is fun when you get drunk with friends ....

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't say an Xbox 360 is my controller of choice. My preference of games is FPS, then RPG. In an FPS, a controller and mouse allows for much more fine control that's required to be competitive. For RPGs, a controller doesn't allow for the mass amount of hotkeys for RPGs.

Now, for the arcade or platform games, I do have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I'll use on occasion, but it's rare. Racing games, a joystick is definitely more natural than a traditional keyboard/mouse.

If I had to choose playing games on console or PC, it's PC all the way for me. You do have a point with drivers and compatibility sometimes causing issues, but that's rare. I also find PC games have better updates and patches. I haven't upgraded my PC in 2 years, either, and it still runs all games fine so not sure where you find constant upgrades necessary.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i suggest an n64