1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Consider this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, May 19, 2008.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

Rox trade Battier and Bjax in Snt for Artest.
    Artest gets 2 years for roughly 25mi
    Rox trade Head + 2.3mil TE for J.R. Smith ( 4.2mil for 3yrs)
    Rox sign Kelenna Azubuike for 1.75 mil for 3 yrs

Lineup
    Yao
    Scola
    Artest
    Tmac
    Rafer

Bench
    J.R
    Azubuike
    Landry
    Brooks

I know giving Artest 12 mil is high, but it's only 2 years which is the same time Tmac's ends. A lot of money would be available and if the Artest experiment doesn't work you have plenty FA money.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

JR SMITH IS A PUNK.

and btw artest doesnt want to leave...

3. Since75

Since75 Member

I don't know what this infatuation of calling guys punks in professional sports is, but I do know the guy can shoot and has size. He's only 23 years old I believe and probably has a little more maturing to do. That being said, everyone deserves an opportunity and heaven knows the Rox need athleticism at the 2 spot. Nothing is absolute regarding Artest. He and his agent are more than likely posturing to see what deals can be had. The Rox would be idiots not to consider him as a possibility as long as it doesn't require giving up anyone other than I've already mentioned. I also forgot to add that the Rox would give Denver a 2nd round pick for Smith

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think he said he has no plans to leave.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

JR SMITH IS A PUNK.

and btw artest doesnt want to leave...

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

my bad it double posted.

my objection is Jr Smith is not a team player. He has a poor shot selection and turns the ball over. He likes to be Mr. Bigshot and not pass...

he would kill chemistry..

7. landoo

landoo Member

sounds good
    But we are not the manage of ROX :D

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Even JR Smith is a punk and chemistry killer there is still no chance in hell Denver will trade him for Head and TE

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JR Smith would be GREAT off our bench.......

10. DaDream

DaDream Member

do it in a heartbeat

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Nice dreaming,
    So we get both Artest and J.R.? Can you add in some Calderon or Miller in here also?

12. dlite316

dlite316 Member

there is no way that denver will trade JR smith for head+TE...
    although artest said he does not want to leave the kings, i still hope that we can somehow get him...

13. playlife

playlife Member

First : Can't package a player with the TE
    Second : Can't trade another player with SNT

14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Why would Denver even consider this?

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

JR Smith sucks, and they'd love to get anything for him.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

We do not need JR Smith. Especially if we get Artest.

17. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Smith can really shoot and he's very athletic. He would be a great fit here, but sometime he's shooting too much.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

We have a winner.

It always amazes me how some people just go around starting threads on how to fix the Rockets roster when they don't even know the damn rules and restrictions that these transactions are governed by.

Yes, I admit that the cap is ridiculously detailed and hard to follow at times, but you've got to know that you can't trade a player with a TE. That's pretty basic.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Huh? The kid's got game he's just an idiot. Same with Artest. That having been said, wasn't the original idea to trade for BOTH of them? Uggghhh..... :eek:

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You think? He killed one of his best friends with his reckless driving last offseason, and even still he seemingly hasn't matured at all.

NEPTUNE, N.J. -- A police investigation will determine whether Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith will face additional charges in a motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of Smith's passenger, a close friend.

Andre Bell, 21, was sitting in the back seat of the sport utility vehicle Smith was driving when it went through a stop sign, collided with another car and flipped over at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in Millstone Township.

Bell, who was in a coma, died from head injuries at 6 p.m. Monday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, state police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Jones said.

Smith, 21, who was also thrown from the vehicle, remained at Jersey Shore on Monday with an injured left shoulder and numerous scratches, Jones said. Neither man was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, he said.

Jones said prosecutors will continue investigating evidence from the accident, including results on a toxicology test of Smith, before deciding if additional charges should be filed, according to The Denver Post.

"If [Bell's death] changes anything, it changes the way the prosecutor might look at it," Jones said, according to the Post. "They are the ones we work with in terms of charges beyond any traffic charges."

Earl Smith, the father of J.R. Smith, told the newspaper that his son and Bell were close. He said the accident is weighing heavily on his son.

"They bonded. They were the best of friends," Earl Smith said, according to the Post. "He's just praying for his friend. It's the toughest part."

Smith has been issued two traffic tickets for failure to stop at a stop sign and improper passing, Jones said. Both carry fines, though the amount was not immediately known.

A third person in Smith's car and the driver of the car he hit suffered only minor injuries.

Nuggets spokesman Eric Sebastian said he did not know when Smith might be discharged from the hospital.

"I think it's too early to say," Sebastian said. "From everything we hear, he's going to be OK."

Sebastian said he did not know if Smith would miss any preparation time for the 2007-08 NBA season, but added, "We didn't hear anything that would indicate his career would be jeopardized in any way."

Smith averaged 13.0 points in 63 games for Denver this past season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2900023