1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative Acquaintance Annoyingly Not Racist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 11, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Conservative Acquaintance Annoyingly Not Racist
    NEWS IN BRIEF • Local • ISSUE 50•06 • Feb 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

BROOKLYN, NY—Acknowledging that the man’s right-wing views are more nuanced than one might expect, 36-year-old liberal Diana Hardwick confided to reporters Tuesday that her conservative acquaintance Brady Daniels is, quite frustratingly, not racist. “We got to talking about immigration, and I really wanted him to undermine his argument for stricter border controls by saying something disparaging of Latinos, but apparently his opinions are based entirely on national security issues instead of race—which is super irritating,” Hardwick said of Daniels, who reportedly describes himself as a “strong conservative” on fiscal issues but, annoyingly, exhibits no racial biases. “It would be so much easier if I could just write him off as a bigot, but as far as I can tell he harbors no resentment or disdain toward people of color. For God’s sake, we argued every issue from states’ rights to income disparity but nope, he didn’t say anything even tacitly racist. Not once.” Hardwick later concluded that her acquaintance’s opposition to most of President Obama’s policies meant he was probably “close enough” to count as a racist.

link to article

1 person likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

so now we are debating onion articles now?

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

describes virtually the entirety of the D&D liberal cohort.

5. bigtexxx

indeed. That was my immediate reaction as well.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You posted a link...to an Onion article.

bigtexxx has officially hit an all-time low. He is running out of ideas.

Back to the drawing board. Come back stronger in a few weeks/months and troll better.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Being a racist makes you racist bigtexxx. Its really that simple, denial is always the first stage but I think you'll be a lot happier once you admit it. Your insecurities are dominating your thoughts and emotions.

Onion article is irrelevant.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

So now that his schtick is completely, utterly worn out, texxx posts a parody article to try and prove a point.

HILARIOUS!!!

What's next? A Wierd Al video to prove that Obama was born in Kenya?

ROFL!!!

9. bucket

bucket Member

I don't assume that conservatives are racists. I don't know if bigtexxx is either, but he sure does write racist things sometimes.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The constant claims that all whites are victims of reverse racism and/or falsely accused of racism constantly are all from the right wing playbook to distract poor whites from their real oppressors the one percent and the "country club republicans" as bigtexxx has described himself.

11. bigtexxx

yet you cannot offer a single post as proof.

lol did you write the original post's article?

12. bucket

bucket Member

Sure I can. Off the top of my head, that post where you referred to Trayvon Martin as "the black" (it was something like "Are you sure the black wasn't aggressive?") and the one where you called the President "Balack Osama".

13. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

Straight out the liberal playbook all conservatives are racist!!

Keep up the good work guys!

14. bigtexxx

lol what a reach on both.

you need to understand what the word "racist" means

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Why is an Onion article in the D&D?

17. bigtexxx

to highlight liberal hypocrisy (again)

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I bet XIrocket read this as a real informative article with factual facts for facting.

meanwhile,
    <iframe name="embedded" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen frameborder="no" width="480" height="270" scrolling="no" src="http://www.theonion.com/video_embed/?id=725"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/video/landmark-civil-rights-act-made-racism-slightly-les,21352/" target="_blank" title="Landmark Civil Rights Act Made Racism Slightly Less Overt (Season 1: Ep 3 on IFC)">Landmark Civil Rights Act Made Racism Slightly Less Overt (Season 1: Ep 3 on IFC)</a>

19. glynch

Consume enough right wing media and you sometimes have a hard time realizing when something is the Onion as it is just parroting Fox.

20. glynch

Consume enough right wing media and you sometimes have a hard time realizing when something is the Onion as it is just parroting Fox.

Now I have a somewhat similar problem. I see something crazily right wing from the the Onion and I think it is going overboard and viciously slandering the Right, but then I find it was basically a straight recycling of a news segment from Fox.