1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We have accepted doing business with Russia and we have long accepted their shenanigans long before Trump

That's the point

Aside from the collusion investigation going nowhere, Trump is being held to a different standard on how he deals with them

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Do you also show your friends your numerous personal meltdowns, and the resulting apologies you've issued to me?

**snicker**

The summer of liberal frustration continues!

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trying to normalize and muddy the waters is another propaganda tactic. Remember when Trump said "We got a lot of killers"? That's a Russian prop tactic to take everyone down to a low playing field and you are willing to play ball.

Yes.... US businesses do business with Russians. Yes poltical parties have engaged a working relationship with Putin and mostly have failed. We all remember Obamas famous Russian Reset.

But there is nothing normal about one political party collaborating during a campaign with Russian efforts to traffic in stolen information, and assist in coordinating their anti Hillary propaganda campaign, and their meddling with voting technology(that there is no evidence they changed voted but they certainly got in). Not to mention there are clear laws against it. Go look up campaign finance laws.

Now... we don't know for sure the extent of Trumps involvement yet, but we have in written black and white, the Trump campaigns willingness to work with Russia on this effort. That's shocking and not normal in of itself. This has never been done before and is highly un-American (maybe illegal already based on those finance laws) and everyone on the Right that calls themselves a "Patriot" is spitting on the American flag if they say they are okay with this action.

(Serious Q- Do you call yourself a "patriot"? Do you have an American flag you put on your lawn on the 4th or is Trump org your only patriotic affiliation?)

Big difference in American businesses doing legal "business" with Russian businesses and what Trump is being investigated for. Also I sit on a conference call once a Q to go over what business is sanctioned from Iran, Russia, and a few other countries so we make sure our company is always in compliance with the laws. The law is pretty clear that even in business, it's not always legal to work with Russian businesses like some of their banks. So even when I say "American businesses work with Russian businesses" there is certainly laws companies have to abide.

Stop trying to normalize. You are participating in spreading propaganda and misinformation about the ethical, patriotic, and legal standards of working with Russians in business and in poltical efforts. What's wrong is wrong.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

First of all, exaggeration Texxx, they're not numerous and they're not meltdowns. Second, I would never need to show them anytime I've apologized to someone bc they know that's exactly the type of thing I would have the guts to do. I show them yours bc your diction is bizarre and they have to see it to believe it. I have to describe it as this pseudo- tough guy (laughable) caricature who also shrivels up like the contents of a Sunmaid box when he is razzed. They get a good laugh out of it, junior.

6. dandorotik

You should be ashamed for hacking into pgabriel's account.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When I say he is held to a different standard I'm talking about things like the overreaction to them having a private conversation in a public setting

They can just be talking about personal stuff. Everyone needs to relax

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This never gets old

Just sayin

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We are forced to have a relationship with Russia because of their position in Europe.
    There is nothing wrong with Trump and Putin having offline conversations. Having a personal relationship can only help

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If Trump is gonna get along with any European leader its Putin

Neither one is going anywhere so might as well let it happen

Putin has all the energy resources there so he has more influence than anyone wants to admit

Natural gas is much more important to Europeans than oil

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I love Obama

Syria is a negative on his record. Might as well try another way

#1611 pgabriel, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is a big difference between Trump as president talking to Putin for a long time at the G20 (although it was dumb to do it the WAY he did it) and doing things like:

-having 40+ million laundered to you via a real estate transaction through an oligarch.
    -having your campaign collude with known Russian govt arms to help win an election
    -openly try to reward Russia 6 months after they meddle in our election

You are, I believe intentionally, lumping everything together here to prove a point that "we" are all crazy and there is nothing to see here.

Please don't treat people here like they are stupid. Russia is a problem in a lot of ways, and in a lot of ways we shouldn't overreact. But in a lot of ways Trump fans have officially lost it, and have no right anymore to call themselves patriotic Americans.

All three of those points can be true at the same time.

13. dandorotik

It shouldn't b/c it's true- the real pgabriel used to post logically and coherently, not this nonsequitur babble that we get half the time from you. It's not just me that noticed the change- so, please, get the real pgabriel back.

14. conquistador#11

what if everyone had an avatar of a vintage rocket in katsup/mustard. i'd confuse me.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This would have been easy to pass off, except Trump and the used car salesman repeated the claim...

Putin told Trump that Russian hackers were too good to get caught: report
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-russian-hackers-were-too-good-to-get-caught

16. NewRoxFan

What... did Paul Ryan look into his shorts and find a pair?

Ryan: We Weren’t Elected To Defend Trump From Investigations
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/24/ryan-we-werent-elected-to-defend-trump-from-investigations/

B-Bob likes this.
  17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sessions looking rather beleaguered lately.

19. NewRoxFan

Either they don't screen backgrounds anymore or they simply don't care how it looks...

Trump DOJ nominee used to represent Russian bank with ties to Putin
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-to-represent-russian-bank-with-ties-to-putin

CometsWin likes this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

He seems weak.