1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The hits keep on coming... not just a link direct to the Kremlin. A link direct to the hacking.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Drip, drip, drip.

It's all just locker room talk, I mean, opposition research. Happens all the time with foreign spies.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Another Fake news obviously.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Gee, wonder why all of the "fake news, unnamed sources, nothing to see here" folks are missing from this thread.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As I say, they await their emailed or blogged talking points, new goalposts, etc.

Libruls are the enemy, more than ISIS or DPRK, so definitely more than straight whitest male Russia.

Anyway, our water-carrying colleagues will be in by lunchtime.

el gnomo likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump Senior adds another lawyer (and former MLB great) Ty Cobb... on a serious note, the guy is expert at managing crises and dealing with corruption, so he sounds like the ideal lawyer.

Trump to Hire Lawyer Ty Cobb to Respond to Russia Probes
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

8. conquistador#11

i saw that and the strangest part was that in his suicide note he wrote "no foul play !? "

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Aside from being a spy with hacking chops, Akhmetshin is also a lobbyist right? I expect the story is that he was there lobbying about the Magnitisky Act.

Why do you think reciprocation is necessary? You don't think it's enough to knowingly and willfully accept help from a foreign power? If you receive stolen goods but don't pay for them, is it not a crime? If a chick gives you a bj but she's not a hooker, does not mean you haven't betrayed your wife? If a friend takes the SAT for you, but he just does it as a favor then you haven't really cheated?

I once had a job where we punched in and out. A coworker decided to punch me in before I arrived so I could be paid more. He had a lot of ethics troubles and I was always at loggerheads with him about stuff like this. It benefited me an immaterial amount; I didn't ask him to do it; I didn't do anything for him in return; but obviously I found out about it when I picked up my card and saw I'd already been punched. Should I have washed my hands of it, like Trump would have, and say I had nothing to do with it and just let my ill-gotten benefits roll in? That's not how I roll. Besides, little guys can't get away with stuff like that. I'd be fired whenever the practice was discovered. I yelled at my coworker for doing it. I told my boss what happened and asked him to correct my time card. That's a little thing. A 15 minute increment on a job that only paid a few bucks an hour. How much greater is the responsibility when we're talking about big stuff like fixing a presidential election. It's not enough that the effort failed to sway the election, or that the attempt to conspire failed, or that the campaign didn't reciprocate or cooperate. It's incumbent on them to proactively report and fix their ill-gotten benefits.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The suicide strikes me as pretty credible. He was quite old, reasonable to think it was true about having medical issues. So he decided to take control of the circumstances of his death. I think the note was an effort to make things as easy as possible for law enforcement. I wonder if insurance pays out when your note says you're trying to game the insurance policy.

11. NewRoxFan

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

13. pirc1

Too bad that won't happen, the Trumps behind bar part that is.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

just a rumor...but this is very interesting.
    The link below gives more insight into why former AG Lynch did what she did...

15. NewRoxFan

Appears that Junior suffers from same "past tweets haunting present" as his dad:

[​IMG]

16. pirc1

Great, so there is meeting transcript?

17. NewRoxFan

Bill Mitchell, medium.com and unnamed sources... sounds legit. But hey, the more tapes subpoenaed the better. Heck, subpoena Trump's Russian colleagues tapes, since I am sure they have bunches of tapes from within their White House. And, if Lynch and Trump Senior share a cell... no worries.

pirc1 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Oh, and on the whole Lynch letting the Russian lawyer in story...

DHS Debunks Trump Claim That Loretta Lynch Let Russian Lawyer Into U.S.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/dhs-debunks-trump-claim-that-loretta-lynch-let-russian-lawyer-into-us

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

el gnomo likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan