1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley still thinking about meeting w/ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All the best to you, Cod.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are those our paint protectors and enforcers to back up Covington once he gets snapped in half? Then wow, yeah, that'll work. We're good.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

I didn't say that. You matched him up against Draymond....I said Capela or DMo would cover him, which they both can do.

I would agree that we need an enforcer type. I've suggested Koufos.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't DMo get worked over by Draymond once he pissed him off? There's no way DMo can guard Draymond at all.

Regardless, that doesn't even matter since we're not going to be challenging the Warriors for anything.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

And Draymond will struggle with DMo. This is getting off topic.

Covington is a good fit for this team, and we need someone with his skillset.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Keep in mind Codman posted this before the verbal commitments ...so I'm sure things have changed some, focus elsewhere now for some of those mentions

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Now Love is being mentioned in salary dumps.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...rumors-news-how-lebron-warriors-durant-070516

You're very good. Very Very Good.

I'd love to take his contract on. I'm sure he'd love to be reunited with Rubio in some fashion too.

Also mentioned in that post was Lou Williams and Whiteside oddly enough ESPN trade machine has been glitched on a trade involving just those two for me.

directly from google link http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jhqs2cd

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

codman posted that before Anderson...we dont need Love anymore.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I know he did.

I'd still take Love and play him at the 5. Defense be damned that's a freaking LETHAL offensive team. Defense is for championships, pretty hard to do that with the Warriors. Use Capela when we need some defense otherwise let's just win games 150-140.

Gordon/Harden/Ariza/Anderson/Love is about the best offensive team in the league, with a coach who strives for fast pace offense.

If you can get an elite talent like love for cheap you do it and figure it out later.

#269 treyk3, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's too many guys out on the perimeter..you need someone who can come in and clean things up..and alley oop option, etc. We'd be better off upgrading the pg or small forward spot.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Codman mentioned Love going back to his roots which was as an elite rebounder, elite post up option and elite passer. He doesn't belong in the corner. It's not his skill. It's really unlikely we get him but I'd do whatever it took and figure out fit later.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Do you remember the day that drugs took over your life?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden and Love would be a much more attractive duo to join next free agency then Harden and Anderson.

It would be a huge slap in the face to dump Anderson in his first year of the contract, trading for his replacement days after he has signed...

Id do still do it because we are all or nothing right now with Harden, but it would be a bad look for the Rockets to do Anderson like that.

Hope Wade goes to the Cavs, gives us a shot at making or facilitating a trade for Love, gives Rockets a shot at signing JR smith, and makes a team capable of facing the Warriors.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the drugs were any good, he doesn't.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are his roots posting up centers though? He needs to be at the 4 with a more aggressive/athletic center next to him.

Either way, it's not happening...they need to build on what they have to beat GS, not replace Love with Wade.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't know what it takes to contend with the Warriors, but my guess would be a strong front court and good perimeter defense. People have forgotten how good Love really is. If we have a chance to get him, we need to jump on that. All these people worried Harden will leave in free agency; well locking down Love could make a huge difference.

Not that it will happen; half the league has better assets than we do for a trade.