1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congressional GOP reaches buyout agreement with Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Do you really think there is anything that could cause his base to turn on him? IMO there is absolutely nothing in the realm of possibilities on this planet - anything you could possibly imagine happening, including completely impossible scenarios - nothing will change. Even in an infinity set of scenarios, there is none that causes Trump supporters to turn on him. It's a paradox

B-Bob, superfob and Harrisment like this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Actually, both are very important.

3. TheresTheDagger

Yes. This.

The sense of anger and betrayal as the details of this "compromise" become clear will ruin him if he signs. His own party sold him out because they were afraid of a shutdown. His base doesn't care about shutdowns. They care about results on his key campaign promise.

4. TheresTheDagger

I SINCERELY think you underestimate the importance of this issue to his voters. If he signs, he's surrendering and folks will know it. Everything else including a "emergency decree" is just bullsh*t that folks will see through. A substantial portion of his base will stay home in 2020 over it.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sounds like this issue is very important to you. He is throwing you under the bus. You must be furious. I feel your pain.

6. MystikArkitect

I sincerely think you overestimate his base voters' ability to think for themselves. They think what Trump tells them to think. The man was caught on camera saying he physically assaulted women against their will and this did not matter to them. He said it himself, that he could shoot someone in the middle of NYC and they'd still vote for him. This is a man who consistently lies about the crowds he draws, the amount of work he does, and the investigations he's involved in. None of that seems to matter.

His base wants to be told by him that they won bigly. That's it. That's all they require. And I'm cool with that. If he could just tell them that without actually having done so, like he normally does, then we'll be alright.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and I sincerely think you may underestimate the number of voters who held their noses and voted for him in spite of all that . . . .

B-Bob likes this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Honestly, its more my observation I've seen from Trump supporters in social media over the past several years and their reactions today. I could be wrong of course. As for government failure to deliver, I'm used to it. Furious is the wrong way to state my personal reaction. More like resigned to the reality of our Federal Govt and politics.

However, your sarcasm is duly noted. :cool:

Rashmon likes this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Why do you think they did all the above?

They voted for him because of his promises made and to throw a monkey wrench into the whole mess. Until today, he was perceived as doing both. Today, he caved.

10. MystikArkitect

Didn't he say Mexico was going to pay for it? Guess his base didn't care about him failing there? So he failed again. He fails often. It's admirable that he can do what most people can't. Consistently talk a bunch of **** to the free world, not back it up in the least bit, and his base still loves him for it. What leader wouldn't want that level of dedication from their supporters?

Again, I'm just happy that for once, it's something that can be used for good. He probably won't and I'm just getting my hopes up. But the country is still here after two years so just gotta hold on for a couple more or until he gets impeached.

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

What if he got a sex change, converted to Islam, and then married a black man?

B-Bob likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would only get half of his base to turn on him. The rest would say that it proves he was never bigoted or that it was a clever trick and he was showing those damn liberals a thing or two.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member