1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congressional Black Caucus complains not enough black cabinet picks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by otisthorpe3, Mar 27, 2013.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Mmm-hmmm. nomnom. U'm luthening. Mmm-hmmm.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Mathloom, your whole premise is incredibly naïve and dumb. We ALL know every position should be given according to merit and the highest abilities. We also ALL should know that's never been the case. According to you we've had 300 years of statistical anomaly and hey we're just in another anomaly year... weeeeeeeeeeee!

It's not stupid to have that addressed, period. You want to intermingle the ideal with the reality by telling me how things should work. Well no **** dude. These are political positions of power, if you don't think demographics plays a role then I don't know what the hell to tell you because you're living in some fantasy land. It's like the Supreme Court just accidentally has one black guy, three women, and five white guys. It just happened to be those were the single most qualified people at the time and bing there they were. Give me a break.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You know the meaning of word minority; right, dip****? Good god, someone should punch you in the ****ing throat.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

his mom is fully white

and lay off the cussing and threats of violence -- I'll be the bigger man here

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And yet, you thought it was more a compelling point that he interacted with whites and went to a "white" college - Jim Crow much, *******? Honestly, just shut your ******* mouth about race, jerk.

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Make sense.

Black people contributed more and continue to contribute more than other minorities in this country. They should have a bigger voice on how to run this country they built.

1 person likes this.
  7. bigtexxx

bro seriously you might need a few deep breaths -- you seem a little hot under the collar

maybe to appease you, one could state that he was raised in white culture, and that he's half white, half black

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

do you even post serious posts anymore?

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He's half white, but the fact that you discount his blackness because he's college educated and interacts with the majority population is separatist and bigoted. "Black culture" was a coping mechanism for being comprehensively and continuously excluded from every avenue for advancement or enrichment (personal freedom, literacy, basic family structure as they were bought and sold each generation, education, basic employment, property ownership, jury or witness rights in a court of law, voting suffrage); so citing it as a prerequisite for "blackness" is dumb and wrong.

10. bigtexxx

you've gone off the deep end

just compare the way Barack behaves to the way Sheila Jackson Lee behaves. Big difference

11. B-Bob

When he makes you mad, he wins. It's his only goal. I know it's pathetic. Just use the ignore button and improve your life one little iota at a time.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not sure why the only thing you infer from my comments, particularly the last one, is simply anger. Do you agree with his sentiments or not?

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Careful, dude.

I got banned for calling that ******* exactly what he is and wishing harm on him.

Apparently, you can be as racist, ignorant, and offensive as you want, you're just not allowed to call out someone's racism in an offensive tone.

14. Anxiety Trooper

This.

15. B-Bob

What do you think? Of course I don't. And I infer anger because of your other posts in the thread. (It's true he would love to get you banned, by the way, for things like "dip****", deserved though they may be.)

I have him on ignore and will not visit his threads. I made those decisions for a good reason.

I don't mind disagreeing with someone, at all. But I have no time for trolls, particularly trolls who enjoy race baiting at every opportunity. Life's too short, and I'll say no more about it.

Cheers.

16. rudan

rudan Member

SOMEONE IS BEING INTOLORANT!!!!!!!!!!!

17. rudan

rudan Member

They are too busy getting high and using dental dams on each other....

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sorry your position doesn't make sense. We haven't had 300 years anomaly, because that's called a pattern. A pattern is solved by eliminating demographic choices. Whether all white or half minority or all minority - those are all choices based on demographics which have nothing to do with appropriate representation.

If they force minorities into positions, the next person will have to force them out and then he will look like he hates minorities although their appointment was illegitimate. Aside from actual racism, this is actually another way to get a 300 year pattern.

I don't buy this whole "reality" and "naivety" BS you guys throw around. That's become the biggest excuse for acting like a power hungry d******d in American politics. It's either the right thing to do or it's not. What you're talking about doing is absolutely NOT, whether it achieves the appearance of fairness or not.

How do you expect to improve the current "reality" if you accept it and make no effort to change it? Demanding a racial demographic as representation perpetuates the problem. They can put some rich minorities up there and they would have NO PERSPECTIVE on what minorities are going though - how would that solve anything? It actually makes things worse, because then Obama will come out with "you got what you wanted, what's wrong?".

Again, if minorities want better representation, they should be asking for specific things which they want. Specific issues in which they've been screwed over. The lazy and short-sighted act of requesting people of minority status will probably not solve any of their problems, and is discriminatory. Yes I understand it has been discriminatory anyway. That doesn't mean it's ok or helpful to request discrimination.

Anyways thanks for the discussion.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You don't really understand the issue or the history in the least.

20. bigtexxx

So one of your first posts after your banning is to call out the moderators, and continue the behavior you employed that led to your banning?