1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Jeremy Lin on getting a Triple-Double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Feb 1, 2014.

1. wil55n

wil55n Member

I haven't heard the TV crowd chant someone's name for awhile so that was real nice.

2. wil55n

wil55n Member

3. RocketPowerNick

Yup the fans love him here

and by here I mean in the arena

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

I wasn't inferring that he didn't have any good games. But I will hold to the fact the Lin did not play consistently (or aggressively) when he had those chances as a starter. I wanted to see attack mode Lin. The guy we've seen in the past week. Had we seen that I think there would have been real pressure on McHale to keep starting him. But we didn't see that Lin, we saw a hesitant version of him. You yourself said he was in a 2-3 game slump.

However the poster I was responding to had written another one of those responses that blamed everyone in the world for Jeremy's up and down play. That drives me nuts. I might have been playing devil's advocate a bit but sometimes I have to reply when I read something over the top like that. In hindsight I should have just ignored him. Jeremy has been playing great recently and we shouldn't be bickering over "what ifs" instead of enjoying the wins.

5. Clarinetmonster

Agree with everything here, 'except the there would have been real pressure on McHale to keep starting him' part. I hold fast to my opinion that it's a case of 2 totally different players and they chose a Bev-style player for the starting lineup - Lin playing his best is still not a Bev-style player, just as Bev playing his best is not a Lin-style player. So I think the choice has been clearer than most of us think, based on the TYPE of player each one is - not the level they are playing at.

6. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

The better Lin plays, the more they'll want him to be the 6th man, the decision is made. This is fine with me though. It's more about meaningful minutes than who starts. As long as the team doesn't consistently fall behind early with Bev in the lineup, then Lin coming off the bench is fine.

7. adobo

adobo Member

It is 100% confidence issue. I hope the more experience and the little streak of good games will help him to not get effected by little blimps and to stay aggressive

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

You could be 100% correct. But if Lin was killing it like he has been lately for the entire time Pat was hurt it would have been a LOT harder to justify that "fit" reasoning. Things may have ended up the same but it would have definitely made for a more compelling argument.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked to see the wins rolling in and Lin playing well. We need to keep the pedal down and keep the pressure on the other teams.

9. TheJet

TheJet Member

Bingo! And most nights minutes tend to be delegated during the flow of a game. "Starting" is sometimes vastly overrated.

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Great accomplishment for Lin.

11. steady

steady Member

Fixed.

12. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

lol Lin officially has the same number of tridbls as michael jordan XD

LOF logic: LIN IS MJ2!!!!

hahah

13. Clarinetmonster

I should give him some of my meds:grin: helped my golf game.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I dont completely disagree with what JMS99 said about triple double not being that impressive to him. What Lin impressed me this game is the instant spark of offense when he came into the game while our offense was stagnant.

15. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

+1 on that bro. Seen it with our eyes. I can't believe how folks on this forum have memories like goldfish. The rockets in the 3rd lost a major lead to let the cavs take the lead. Complete stagnant rocket ship there until Dmo and lin got rotated in . Give them both props and mchale for rotating them in.
    Don't believe and just scroll back in the cavs vs rockets thread and u will find a page full of cries, when we were losing.

16. Clarinetmonster

To each their own, but when it's only been accomplished by 2 others in the history of the L (trip/dub, bench, under 30min) that's gotta count for something. But yes, there was an immediate and palpable change when Lin and DMo checked in and you just knew they were gonna take the lead back and stretch it.

17. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Congrats to Jeremy! He played very well.
    But why does god hate the Cavs? :(

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great job by Lin stepping up and showing how important he is to our team -- congrats on the T-D Jeremy.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

because they were gifted too many good picks and still suck

20. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Great job, Jeremy!