1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Jeremy Lin on getting a Triple-Double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Feb 1, 2014.

1. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He at times plays well in any role and at other is awful in any role. I don't think it always has to do with how he is used.

He seems to play tentatively at times even when they are asking him to attack. It's just strange, maybe some sort of confidence issue. Like he has game, but it doesn't always come out.

3. CarlosMencia

CarlosMencia Member

I think Lin plays on his emotions too much. If he can somehow balances that out which is all mental and experience, hopefully the consistency pulls in. Last night though, Lin didn't look too emotional to me, was very calm and collective.

4. kakaman

kakaman Member

[​IMG]

Adidas already making that $$$ because of Jeremy

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

[​IMG]

6. steady

steady Member

I think it is that asking him to attack and letting him dominate the ball are two different things. And Lin is at his best when he can dominate the ball. If you take the 10 games when Harden was DNP as a sample of what Lin can do when he is really free to run the show, Lin has been pretty consistently good. Scoring around 18-19 in most of the games- - with a few 14/15 games, and a couple of 34/38 games thrown in. Assist level has has ranged from 3 to 12, but the average hovers around 6 or 7.

Lin's just figuring out still how to play with Harden -- when to defer, when not to defer. How to take over at points, sometimes, in a way that won't piss off Harden. Making sure Parsons still gets enough touches, that Dwight does too obviously. These are not easy things. Especially when his teammates are not clear about his role, and are sometimes not allowing him touches for possessions at a time.

In the Cavs game, the team was geared more towards Lin than in any other game I can remember recently when Harden has played. (That Parsons did not get huge minutes probably helped.) And you could just see how locked in he was.

--
    I'll take whatever role Lin is given. This week, it has just been fun to see the team having so much fun again. But I do think we should give him a slight break on his inconsistency, and acknowledge that the role he is being asked to play is not an easy one.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Lin: I don't always play good but when I do it's for the Knicks or the Chinese New Year.

8. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

hes been playing good and consistently lately.. congrats jeremy on the triple double

9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Haha:grin:

I hope he plays well in other months too :).

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Good to see cluthfans united...sort of. :D

11. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol triple double off the bench.

12. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

been waiting for this release globally? thought it is march'14. just checked an adidas store today... did not see those join shoes.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Good for Jeremy. He was flirting with a triple double last game so I'm happy he got it this time.

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

This just isn't true. Lin's had chances when Pat was down and he didn't perform like he has in the last three or four games. Not even close. Why ruin his good play recently by trying to stir stuff like this up? He's playing much better now. Why is that not enough?

And just FYI, triple doubles are nice but that's by no means proof of "elite" talent.

Congrats to Lin for another great game and continued success. We'll need this Lin in the playoffs!

15. seeingred

seeingred Member

nice game for Lin. love this guy's attitude - no whining, no complaints. He puts the effort in and it's nice to see that effort rewarded. Two ball dominant guards and a low post threat are nice luxuries to have but there are a lot of kinks to work out. Even great players like DWade, Lebron, and Bosh took time to figure the chemistry out.

Our guys are learning how to play together now that the roster churn has slowed down and it's gonna be a fun second half of the season.

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

The whole Toyota Center was happy for Lin at that last assist.:grin:

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

LOL if CNY is the reason for Lin's 3D, then perhaps he will have multiple 3Ds in his career. One 3D per year is not bad for any NBA player. LOL. :grin:

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lin is the Asian Lance Stephenson.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I attended that game. To be honest, it was a sneaky triple double. My friend and I left with about 3 min to go to avoid some traffic and it was a game already in the bag. I knew he was close, last time I looked at the box score it was 15 9 and 7, I mentioned it to my friend but I thought for sure the Lin would be pulled for brooks.

Either way, it's a great feat! Congrats to Lin, we dont get too many of those around here anymore.

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

Bev got injured on Dec. 21. Lin scored in double digits in 11 out of 14 games. He had 5+ assists in 5 games. He put 13-8 against San Antonio, 18-8 against Washington, and 16-9 against Boston.

So he played pretty solidly, but people's memories are skewed by the fact that right before Bev came back, Lin was in a 2-3 game slump. And Bev had a great comeback game against the Blazers.