1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Governor Cuomo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Nov 23, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Fox is spending 10 x's the airtime on Cuomo reprehensible hiding the stats on nursing home deaths as they ever have with Trump, his followers with their anti-max, anti-shutdown bs, anti-monthly pay support and our for profit medical system being responsible for an estimated 40% of the close to 500 k deaths.

Andre0087 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would like to see a suddenly more appropriate and rightly awkward Cuomo brothers interview. Probably won't happen, and I don't watch CNN anyway I guess.

Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to see as little of the Cuomo Brothers as possible. CNN Cuomo moreso.

Astrodome and B-Bob like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How about a cutesy interview through the thick glass in a prisoner visitation area.

[​IMG]

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that would be worth watching.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

For now he is... but hopefully not for long.

Supposedly Cuomo and Trump are considering forming a fascist third party in 2024... a Trump/Cuomo ticket would get a lot of votes. Luckily for them, dead people cannot vote.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

"Cuomo said 'he can destroy me': NY assemblyman alleges governor threatened him over nursing homes scandal"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/cuomo-ron-kim-nursing-home/index.html

excerpt:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been pleading with lawmakers for support and even threatening political retribution against Democrats who have criticized him in an aggressive effort to contain political fallout from revelations that his administration had concealed the full extent of nursing home-related deaths during the Covid pandemic.

[​IMG]

New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, Assemblyman Ron Kim

Describing an alleged exchange with the governor that has not been previously reported, Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim told CNN that he received a call on his cell phone from the governor last week as he was bathing his children at home.

"Gov. Cuomo called me directly on Thursday to threaten my career if I did not cover up for Melissa [DeRosa] and what she said. He tried to pressure me to issue a statement, and it was a very traumatizing experience," Kim said. Cuomo proceeded to tell the assemblyman that "we're in this business together and we don't cross certain lines and he said I hadn't seen his wrath and that he can destroy me," according to Kim.
    more at the link

Invisible Fan and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Friendly reminder... this is a thread to celebrate America's Governor -- posts seeking to inflict political damage are inappropriate.

13. KingCheetah

...or anything else

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you know what Art Blakey said in response to someone who said jazz is just noise ...

15. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

Good.

He is a bully, he doesn’t care about anyone but his ego and if he did something criminally wrong he should go to prison.

The Democrats should primary him and try to push him out of their party leadership.

The window may be open for the right Republican to run against him.

jiggyfly and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

No more window love...

[​IMG]

Andre0087, Astrodome and B-Bob like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

now they're just ganging up on America's Governor™

https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/ex-aide-details-sexual-harassment-allegations-against-cuomo/

Ex-aide Lindsey Boylan details sexual harassment allegations against Gov. Cuomo
    By Bernadette Hogan and Bruce Golding

February 24, 2021 | 12:24pm | Updated

A former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday provided new details to back up her claims of sexual harassment — including an allegation that New York’s top elected official kissed her “on the lips” without warning inside his Manhattan office.

Lindsey Boylan — now a Democratic candidate for Manhattan borough president — made the stunning allegation in an essay posted on the Medium website.

Boylan said the incident took place after her 2018 promotion to be Cuomo’s deputy secretary for economic development and special advisor to the governor — a job she initially turned down “because I didn’t want to be near him.”

“We were in his New York City office on Third Avenue,” she wrote.

“As I got up to leave and walk toward an open door, he stepped in front of me and kissed me on the lips. I was in shock, but I kept walking.”

Afterward, Boylan wrote, “I came to work nauseous every day,” then resigned on Sept. 26, 2018.

Boylan also alleges that Cuomo suggested, “Let’s play strip poker,” while they were “flying home from an October 2017 event in Western New York on his taxpayer-funded jet.”

Cuomo made the comment as he and Boylan sat facing each other, with his press aide to her right “and a state trooper behind us,” according to her essay.

“Governor Andrew Cuomo has created a culture within his administration where sexual harassment and bullying is so pervasive that it is not only condoned but expected,” she wrote.
    more at the link

20. KingCheetah