1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov DeSantis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

#3101 Commodore, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    ROXRAN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't give a damn about anything but NRA money. Typical Republican, wanting more guns on the streets, then blaming the left for all the shootings, violence, and crimes. More guns, more guns, more violence, more mass shootings.

cheke64 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Former President Donald Trump is trialing some more nicknames for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Bloomberg reports.

Among the insults Trump is considering for DeSantis are "Tiny D," "Ron DisHonest," and "Ron DeEstablishment," Bloomberg reported, citing unnamed Trump allies.

Trump's team has also been trying to dig up dirt on DeSantis and his family, per Bloomberg. This includes research into his wife, Casey DeSantis, a former TV journalist, and probes into DeSantis' time as a teacher at a Georgia boarding school.

Trump debuted his first nickname for DeSantis, "Ron DeSanctimonious," at a rally in Pennsylvania in November. He has tested out other nicknames in Truth Social posts, including "Ron DeSanctus," though it's unclear what this nickname means.

Trump has also branded DeSantis a "RINO globalist," an insult that has roots in a far-right conspiracy theory about a cabal of global elites.

However, Trump refuted a February 12 report from The New York Times that said he was considering the nickname "Meatball Ron" for DeSantis.

"I will never call Ron DeSanctimonious 'Meatball' Ron, as the Fake News is insisting I will," Trump wrote on Truth Social on February 18. Trump added that he thought "it would be totally inappropriate to use the word 'meatball' as a moniker for Ron!"

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump has such a child bully mentality. He can't help himself when it comes to name calling in his campaigns. He's probably gonna sell more souvenir crap with those slogans.

Mr. "Pathological Liar" Trump calling anyone dishonest is laughable. The name Tiny D must be coming from the insecurity of Mr. "Tiny Hands" Trump. Of course, Melania could verify the Tiny D part, but she won't, as long as her hubby's dirty money keeps flowing in.

I can't stand either one though, so let those two guys bring out dirt on each other. Neither can be trusted to run this country.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coondace Owens weighs in

[​IMG]

7. astros123

astros123 Member

@rocketsjudoka this is why i made over 150 dollars in wagers that trump would win the primary. Everything that I said would happen is exactly like it happened. I made clutch a easy 150.

The writing was on the wall all along. I said he wouldn't make it past super Tuesday...he may not even make it past Iowa LOL

8. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is out there trying to channel Obi Wan when he is really more like Palpatine.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The Trump camp seems quite nervous about DeSantis.

B-Bob and ROXRAN like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trump has to use the pudding story on Tiny D.

Like, 3 Finger Ronny or Puddin Ron

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a visceral reaction thinking of a grown man eating pudding with his fingers. It’s disgusting.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

DeSantis really gives me Greg Abbott and Ted Cruz vibes

He’s safe to enact his little fascist policies in Florida, but how is what he does viewed nationally? How would it play in a general election?

They say old ass Biden doesn’t speak well, but Ronnie is much younger, so what’s his excuse? He sounds like Rafael Stone when he’s talking

Would MAGA throw their support behind DeSantis when Trump is finally out of the picture?

ElPigto, ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And as I said you might be right but I’m not going to back out of my bet. At this time in 2016 Trump was a total joke in GOP circles. In this time in 2008 Giuliani was the front runner. At the moment a single vote hasn’t been cast in any primary or caucus.

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Florida: We want to make it illegal to talk about menstual cycles in schools. But we also want to make it mandatory that you report your menstrual cycle to the schools.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member