1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov DeSantis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not new news. All of this crap bubbles up when you are considered one of the candidates for POTUS.

He looks really stupid in that Top Gun hat. That Tom Cruise wannabe commercial was cringeworthy. He gets a pass at the state level, but he would be criticized severely for pulling a stupid stunt like that at the national level.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ron DeSantis is the embodiment of fake machismo. I buy Donald Trump being more bad ass than DeSantis. I think 60 year old Trump would be able to beat DeSenatis in a fight.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

DeSantis is Floridian Ted Cruz...I wouldn't be surprised if Trump had DeSantis working the phone lines on behalf of his campaign after he's done with him

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

60?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Vote DeSantis...urine good hands...

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Y'all are scared of DeSantis. So much that the left media comes up with fake stories, as usual.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

l.....o.....l

9. fchowd0311

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. fchowd0311

Florida Power and Light has a near monopoly in the state. There was a consumer activist attorney who worked for a Florida agency that was for a long time fighting things like rate hikes from Power and Light and was one of the few stop gaps in preventing rate hikes. The company sponsored a bill to remove her. DeSantis signed it and replaced her with someone who allowed one of the largest rate hikes in Florida's history.

He has also passed other bills allowing the company to increase profits such as offloading costs from the company to households.

Rashmon, deb4rockets and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Ugh. Thanks, drag queen enthusiast! (just wanted to say it before atw)

ROCKSS and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The pee thing is a fake?

You're not wrong that I think Dems are afraid of Desantis, however, his prospects of beating Trump grow dimmer by the day.

14. Xerobull

If you're asking if I am afraid of having a fascist power mongering president who coopts the police into enforcing his policies and to suppress his detractors, outlawing anyone who has a lifestyle alternate to white bread Americana, censoring any books, media or news he doesn't like or that paint him or his style of policies in a bad light, trying to control private companies, etc, then yes. I am fearful. I am fearful for the future of the USA, and fearful for my children's future that this man who is a symbol of everything this country was founded against, has gained power and legions of followers who don't even understand what is to come if this style of governing grows.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should be afraid of a man like that. He is exactly a symbol of everything this country was founded against. Power is a dangerous thing in the hands of a man like that.

fchowd0311, VooDooPope and Xerobull like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

overly dramatic

painting conservative politicians as the next Hitler has been a thing since I can remember...same happened with Reagan and the Bushs

17. Xerobull

GOP Debate Playbook: Choose one: Deny. Deflect. Delay.

You have chosen: Deflect

You can do better, bro.

The Neocon Regan and Bush admins laid the groundwork for what DeSantis and the GOP are doing now by continuing to oppose and suppress freedom of choice and civil liberties for abortions and LBGTQ+ rights and gender roles in the name of 'traditional family values', leverage the 'war on terror' to increase domestic surveillance of American citizens without warrants and grow the Police-Prison industrial complex via the 'tough-on-crime' initiatives.

#3057 Xerobull, Mar 9, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Andre0087 and VooDooPope like this.
  18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

And all these years I have heard my gop friends say they are the party with a "large tent" and that they want LESS government, and they want government to get the hell out of there business and not tell them how to live...............yet, the opposite always seems the reality. The gop seems to want to have their doctrine "white washed" and send us back to the 1950`s.

It's those dam drag queen shows I tell ya that's ruining it for the rest of us :D

Xopher and Xerobull like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

He is just playing politics.

Florida is actually safer than the average state (slightly) and safer than it was 15 years ago.

However, the idea that Democratic states are more dangerous is .... interesting?

The safest states in the USA are all states with larger governments and lean Democratic - they are in the New England area.

As for Florida, it is basically as safe as Illinois - an extremely liberal state.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He is just playing politics.

Florida is actually safer than the average state (slightly) and safer than it was 15 years ago.

However, the idea that Democratic states are more dangerous is .... interesting?

The safest states in the USA are all states with larger governments and lean Democratic - they are in the New England area.

As for Florida, it is basically as safe as Illinois - an extremely liberal state.