1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations to Gov DeSantis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Harris County and Houston left out of $1 billion in flood mitigation aid

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really are delusional. DeSantis won't become President. He's just a right wing mini-Trump.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Correct, DeSantis is not fit to be in any elected position.

Wrong priorities, incompetent at tackling issues.

Really need the low educated lemmings to fall out of love with these power hungry sycophants.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Floridians do pay more for insurance, but for many people, they can't even get insurance which is nuts.

Nook likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yup, as noted there are a lot of really dumb people out there.

Their lives continue to get worse and worse, but they remain content as they are "protected" from CRT and Woke Ideology, the boogeymen they have been trained to hate.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not a fringe leftist by any means. I am just not for a party full of lying gun loving propaganda spreading far right bigots and Q crazies who spit on Veterans or anyone else needing help. They just vote No, no, no, then put out their hand when they need assistance. Hypocrites!

You, on the other hand, don't mind those traits obviously.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am not a fan of DeSantis, but he will be the next POTUS.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Unless he gets assassinated by some crazy extremist from the Left, I think that is what will happen. The other thing that could damage him is if Trump riles up his entire crazy MAGA follower group against him. The trick for DeSantis will have to be to topple Trump at just the right time, in the internal power struggle. If he makes his move too early, it will only help Trump.

Whether people like DeSantis or not, in my opinion, he is the Republicans' best bet to transform the Republicans back into a "normal" conservative party post-Trump and post-MAGA. He is careful to not seek open conflict, and it is everyone's prerogative to demonize him or whatever, but he is NOT a MAGA guy. He is confrontational and conservative and you are free to strongly dislike him for that if you are on the Left, but he is not Trump.

Sad as it is, DeSantis needs to kill MAGA by carefully bringing them back into the fold. He is smart enough to know that he will not succeed in saving the Republican party if he openly confronts them now.

The good news is, he is young, and (unless something crazy happens) time works for him against Trump.

Nook likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't think Trump will be an issue for him. Trump should be in prison but I doubt he runs again anyway. If Trump does decide to run, I think it will be hard for him to go after DeSantis who is his protege, and most Republicans I know are tired of Trump and will lean towards DeSantis.

I am not sure if DeSantis will dial back the MAGA or dial it up. MAGA is the new normal and he may have to keep it dialed up just to keep their support. So the culture war and anti-woke war will continue but at a national level.

The question I have with DeSantis is will he also to continue some of Trump's authoritarian and anti-democratic practices. DeSantis has shown in Florida he is will to use his power in ways that are alarming - going after people who disagree with him in constitutionally questionable ways. This is my main beef with DeSantis - is that he will use the Trump tactics of rewarding populations and allies, and penalizing states and entities that disagree with him.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You really need help dude. Your far right extremist takes are disturbing. It's no wonder you like that puke.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LMAO! He will make it far right. No doubt there.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nope!

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You can't make this stuff up.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I guess he realizes migrants are good for one thing. They are willing to do the hard work nobody else wants do. Too bad he treats them like pawns instead of people.

subtomic likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I wonder if DeSantis will give them plane tickets

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Jesus..... you lost the argument. Move on.

Plenty of criticism to be levelled at GOP and their handling of disasters, yet you missed them all.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The planners said they didnt' evacuate because they were outside the cone - but that is a false statement - how do you resolve that? Nothing to do with the GOP.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Insurance is higher because the industry has bought the politicians.

Overall cost of living is still lower than average

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Or they are getting canceled even when they are paying their premiums and not filing claims.

jiggyfly likes this.