1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov Abbott

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Absolutely, the whole point of an national curricuulum would be something that affects all americans...taxes and voting, financial literacy....those things are just practical and applicable to almost everyone yet light in high school and you have to seek it out too in college on oppose to it being a requirement to at least prepare all americans on how to help themselves, how the country works, why these taxes an decisions are made and how those resoures are used efficiently or not or even accurately as its pointed out to you.

I think of new hires in our company for a yougn fresh crop of kids. School shows them how to follow directions, do a good job, be organized, work eith others, so they have all of that to where they can do 1-2 year stuff of getting the work done, but it does seem in terms of risk taking, individual initiatives, thinking outside the bog and having those critical thinking mentality vs just tell me how to do this and i'll do it in a more industrial approach are the ones that stand out. it matters what type of position, leadership, or requirements for the field if its someting that value that, but apart from resumes you can make a point that youa re competent and can follow directiosn and compete, but you could probably condense that is wat I'm saying to much less years, and htey end up learning for work at work generally in many cases outside of some specific track
    . THeres something to having the yes/sir ma'am type of mentality and being almost trained to appeal to your supervisor in school where someone whose genuinely keen to solve problems and go into depths and you can tell how they don't mind being seen as stupid or asking questions and that culture takes an independent mind to do. I've hired some of those type even when their resume or schooling wasn't as impressive as the other. Both are needed and valuable in different ways

Reeko likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Let’s just say I was trying to be funny and it fell flat.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s proshares not investco
    And it’s 3x of the nasdaq100

4. tinman

Supporting Member

You are Herera’s alt account ?
    @Os Trigonum

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You tell me. You have a black belt with falling flat on humor.

Invisible Fan, Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

You and Herrera should work in construction cause you guys make paint dry

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Texas trying to catch up to Florida...

Texas COVID-19 wave is climbing more steeply than past waves

https://apnews.com/article/health-texas-coronavirus-pandemic-a024daab51d16a5ef322b6a12df6db84

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texas Democratic Legislators File Kraken-Level Lawsuit Against Governor
    After fleeing to Washington, D.C., Texas Democrats are now suing to block election reforms.

https://reason.com/volokh/2021/08/0...s-file-kraken-level-lawsuit-against-governor/

excerpt

As it turns out, some of the named plaintiffs may not actually be on board with the suit. The Texas Tribune reports that at least two of the named plaintiffs did not authorize the suit to be filed on their behalf. That hardly suggests competent, ethical lawyering.

The suit was filed by former Rep. Craig Anthony Washington, who (according to the State Bar of Texas) is on disciplinary probation for professional misconduct. Washington previously had his law license suspended and also had some significant disputes with the IRS.

Some folks claim to "love" this lawsuit. I doubt the federal judge assigned this mess will agree.​

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Congrats Gregory Wayne

vlaurelio and B-Bob like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Congratulations to Gov Abbott.

Maybe he can call the national guard.

Cry more Texas GOP

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course the moment he’s in trouble he comes asking for help for the problems he creates. What an absolute embarrassment. He makes George W. look like the pride of Texas.

VooDooPope, superfob, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Abbott is on the clock. When kids return to school in the next two weeks, his unvaccinated voter base is gonna start filling up hospitals. Then what. We shall see.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nothing will happen. The people who support him are dumb, brainwashed, delusional, or support him for purely selfish financial reasons. None of those will change their minds.

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. NewRoxFan

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got an elective procedure tomorrow that I put off during COVID-19 here in MN. I'm glad I'm not in TX right now.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wonder when the next time he talks about "secession" will be?

VooDooPope and dobro1229 like this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

When he needs a distraction from the death count. @MojoMan will be there, mute behind his keyboard obviously, with all the political cartoons to show his support!

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can answer one of these questions with an emphatic yes!

VooDooPope likes this.