1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Congratulations to Gov Abbott

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

GOT EM.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

nursing is good for the job security, and you’re getting paid more than a lot of people in this country, but for all the work that they do, I simply do not think it’s enough…I have a ton of respect for nurses and all the things they have to do and deal with

I could only do nursing as a stepping stone to becoming a CRNA or maybe trying to leverage the knowledge and experience gained as a nurse into getting a good pharm sales job, but mainly CRNA would be the goal

I would look into being a PA before being a nurse…2 more years of school after 4 year college degree and u should be making 100-150K depending on specialty after a few years of experience

I know someone that did AA school and became a CAA…I think the school was 2 years, and I think most of them get a starting salary of 120K+ and can get much more with experience, extra shifts, etc, but u can only practice in like 17 states and have to compete with CRNAs for jobs

tinman likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

random thought, but something I’ve always wondered

Why isn’t every kid taught about investing, saving, and how to handle and manage money while in school? I feel like it should be mandatory curriculum.

you’re taught so many things in high school and college that are absolutely useless, but learning stuff like investing and saving and being educated financially will stay with u for life

tinman likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh. Learning in high school and college is more in regards to exercising your brain rather than retaining specific knowledge. You practice algebra problems to wire your brain to think analytically. You practice reading really dry dense material and writing about it to obtain introspective and critical thinking skills.

It really isn't about knowledge retention and memorization.

The goal of grade school is to teach and practice these analytical and critical thinking skills so you become intellectually curious enough to actually look up yourself how to properly save and invest.

#84 fchowd0311, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    peleincubus likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of the stuff taught is useless and irrelevant, yet things like investing, retirement, saving, handling money, etc most people leave school being completely ignorant about

if writing essays about random poems and books did a lot for u, then great

6. fchowd0311

It did good for you also dude.

Brain needs exercise. Again, grade school education is less about knowledge retention and more about developing analytical and critical thinking skills through brain stimulation.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Don't bother discussing anything with repubs. I got swarmed by an army of them and got told that it was just old people dying from Covid and that's ok with them.

8. DonatelloLimestone

I Agree but I also think its a slippery slope o cyncism. Its like trump, he demands positive coverage, optimism, basically a lot of button words to avoid objective critiicsm. These guys live, very very well and cushy jobs, private jets, and the power of all of our tax resources and get treated pretty nice by lobbyist just to hear them out. This is the one position you put feet to fire, accept the progress like you said, but always keep pushing for a high standard of our instituion and it ins't about the people, these guys have staff who draw up policies they hardly read and spend more than half their time fundraising bc thats what the climate is. I don't think we should make any of em heros, we can respect good moves and don't have to worship. We can be pragmatic and understand compromise is apart of it but also see who they are compromising to in terms of donors vs their actual constiutents. the problem is loud and proud and underreported and widely just accepted

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ruth Porah works what?? Probably 30-40 hours a week, I need to look into this whole bookkeeping thing.

[​IMG]

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt anyone here worships Biden. Biden among nearly everyone was understood as a flawed candidate out of a collection of flawed candidates but one who did understand how government worked and would bring more more empathy and capability than the previous occupant.

I can say with little doubt that he's done that.

Doesn't mean he's perfect and it certainly doesn't mean he's had a long and checkered past. Politics like most things is relative and while no one here is absolutely satisfied with where the country is and where it's heading at the national level there has been a lot of progress addressing some very thorny issues.

Agreed politicians feet should be held to the fire and one reason why I feel that Cuomo should be impeached. That said simply saying, "they're all the same.", "They're all corrupt" , "People worship and defend Biden just like Trump" Doesn't really reflect the differences that we are seeing and isn't really productive.

Nook, VooDooPope and tinman like this.
  11. Gioan Baotixita

Maybe because our educational systems are being run by corrupt Democrats??? Maybe they’re making sure you’ll be a broke dumbass for the rest of your life so that they can make a slave out of you??? Just maybe.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Maybe no

Nook likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Ya that's it.

Damnit who's alt account is this?

Nook likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I invested in Tesla and amazon, Facebook etc

all the companies the D&D hate
    And I’m doing alright bro

Reeko likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

As a smart person here
    we like to look at all data points
    Like demographics
    https://www.click2houston.com/news/...nated-heres-who-they-are-and-where-they-live/
    The Texas Tribune analyzed the demographic and geographic trends of Texans who have not gotten their shot yet. Here are some of our main findings:

• In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas.
    • Neighborhoods with median incomes below the county’s median income also hold vaccination rates lower than that of the county’s.
    • Rural counties have consistently lagged behind the state’s fully vaccinated rate.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

quote me with your main account…don’t hide behind an alt

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Never group think
    Don’t be like these idiots here on this section
    Trust local media over cable news networks who’s goal is make money through viewership and advertising
    Go do your own research

like Florida.. I just got back from Miami

also never let anyone from the east coast tell you about Houston

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m invested in those, and I hit it big with Apple…also have some ETFs and index funds

all things I knew absolutely nothing about after finishing school and would’ve been far more helpful to learn and know about than writing essays on useless poems and works of non-fiction among other useless things

tinman likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Did you go to business school ?

keep in mind the D&D is full of art history dropouts

20. fchowd0311

The point of education is to stimulate and exercise your brain so you have the intellect and tools to research this stuff. Without your grade school education you probably wouldn't have the captivity to research this stuff on your own.

It isn't about memorizing knowledge.