1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations to Gov Abbott

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes I meant the hours included.

What's thankless about it?

Edit. Patients in for extended stays get to know and appreciate their nurses. Isn't that job satisfaction that you don't get in many other occupations

#41 pgabriel, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

nurses get sh*t on by doctors, patients, and the patient’s family constantly…they work long, hard, and stressful hours, and frankly do not get paid enough for all that they do

there is a high level of burnout with nursing

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Nurses get paid market price because they are in high demand. My mother made a lot of money. You couldn't be more wrong.

Patients are in stressful situations. It comes with the territory

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Biden is better than trump and by an enormous margin. This "they're all the same" bulls*** is just that. Bulls***. They aren't all the same. Biden is far from perfect. So what? Get a grip, dude. That crap is easy to say, but it's still crap.

Rashmon and TheFreak like this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Gov Wheelie Wheelie no Feelie.

Nook likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

looks like u don’t know how to read…most nurses do not make 6 figures, that’s a fact

nurses do not get paid enough for what they do

nurses get sh*t on a lot…another fact

there is a high level of burnout…another fact

u disproved none of what I said

TWS1986 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not making six figures doesn't mean they don't make enough.

You didn't read. I already stated the six figures is with the current work load due to covid.

They are dealing with people in stress. They are the daily contact, as opposed to doctors so they hear the stupid ungrateful complaints. That's part of the the job.

Believe me, in my many hospital stays, I heard ignorant people complaining about doctor decisions and more stupid ish like the nurse didn't get to their room fast enough for whatever important or trivial

That being said how can they not be getting paid enough when they are in high demand?

Do you hear nurses complaining about pay on an organized level? It's a none issue despite whatever anecdote you have so please save it.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

them making enough money for the work that they do is just your opinion…

again, most nurses are not making 6 figures Covid or no Covid…never have, never will

so basically, they get sh*t on all the time and work long, hard, stressful hours like I said…thank u for proving my point

As opposed to u and the little anecdotes you’ve been providing? Spare me the nonsense

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And then there are people who go around parading their cynicism and declaring loudly how everyone is bad without acknowledgement or understanding of context.

Both sides, all sides have problems. Recognizing where progress is made and how to build on such progress is important than just wallowing in cynicism.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dealing with complaints is part of the job.

Let me get this straight so you will stop referring to it. IDGAF if they make six figures or not. If I was wrong about that IDGAF.

They are well compensated for a four year degree 40 hours a week job. They have job security.

I lot of people making a lot less deal with crappy customers. So get off that also. And in my hospital experience I heard complaining, yes I could hear other rooms but it's not an everyday think.

They see a lot this patients too long for the patient to keep being an *******. All this focus on covid and nurses, no one has talked about unpleasant patients. So reality get off that.

Where are you getting that impression?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

u were wrong, and now u want to get emotional…get lost fool

next time u quote me, have facts…period

Rocketman95 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My original point was I wish I would have considered nursing long before I thought they were making a bunch of money.

You don't have any facts. They get ished on isn't a fact. You have not provided any sample any studies or anything.

The avg cpa salary in Texas is $72k. Avg rn salary is $74k. Equivalent education and a licensed occupation. Those are facts

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i used to date a nurse and she worked three 13 hours shifts a week and made about $80k/year with over a decade of experience. its a physically demanding job as youre on your feet the whole time and walk miles and miles every day.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, we've got a retired postpartum nurse in our family. She needed rotator cuff surgery because of decades of lifting patients in the same routine movements.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So is being a mail man. So is being an electrician. So is being a plumber. Nurses do lot of paperwork. They are the one keeping track of vitals.
    LVNs do a lot of the labor.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

74k, a far cry from 6 figures…and lol at comparing cpa to a nurse working 12 hour shifts in high stress environments on their feet all day with people’s lives in their hands…if u think all that plus wiping asses, cleaning up other excrements/bodily fluids, and often getting treated like crap is well worth 70k then that’s u

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A lot of you guys work in technology. A lot of you guys make much more money than the average American but that's a supply and demand issue. Being a programmer is still a lot more technical than being a nurse.

Don't let what you or your peers make influence what you think what everyone else should be making. I've thought this long before this discussion about what I see written about salaries on this site

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A lot of people are their feet all day everyday. I guess the dishwasher at Pappa's deserves $150k a year

A lot of their job is record keeping

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its not too late for you to get into nursing...if you think its such an easy job then go for it!