1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Congratulations Beverley!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 19, 2016.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

A guy getting $6M a year (paltry by NBA standards) gives your team 10 assists, and you sh#t all over it. Nice work.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey wait a minute, that's not fair. There's another player in the association who is NOT a starter, is averaging 11.4 pts, 3.1 reb, and 2.9 assts in 25.9 min to Bev's 9.5 pts, 3.4 reb, and 2.9 assts in 27.9 min. THAT guy makes $2M a year (even paltrier by NBA standards). And THAT guy is on a team that's currently 10 games over .500.

I won't mention THAT guy's name, but last time he was a starter he averaged 13.4 pts, 3.0 reb, and 6.1 assts in 32.2 min/game. I think at the time he made $5M a year (paltry by NBA standards, your words, not mine). Again, not gonna say his name in public. But you get the idea.

I think the comment about Bev's handles and passing skills is at least up for discussion. Especially seeing as how he's making $6M a year. Lots of folks here don't think he's playing up to his salary. And don't get me wrong: I'm a HUGE Bev fan and love his hustle. Back when "the numbers were clear" and he beat THAT guy out of a starting job, I was all for it. But you gotta admit . . . Bev's handles are suspect, and he's not a very good passer. I don't think that's sh#tting on Bev, I think that's simply calling it like it is.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If he's not our pg then what the heck is he?

The SG?

4. oakdogg

Lin was paid $8M a year, and Beverley never singlehandedly lost a playoff series for us.

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

oh for the love of God, forget Lin. the point was about Bev's assists. if you want to bring up the playoffs, let's talk Harden's 13 turnovers to end the WCF. :rolleyes:

honestly. why argue anything on this board.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

His handles are below average for an NBA player. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

That's some harsh words for one of the most skilled player in the NBA

8. oakdogg

Weren't you talking about Lin? I am not following you at all.

9. calcium

calcium Member

1 person likes this.
  10. oakdogg

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you said "Lin was paid $8M a year," and the fact of the matter is that Lin was paid $5M, then $5M in the second year, and then $15M by the Lakers. That's the fact of what "Lin was paid," your words.

12. oakdogg

You know that's not what this thread was about. Don't come to a party and take a cr*p on the dancefloor. There are plenty of bathrooms.

13. oakdogg

God, you suck, dude. Yeah, we PAID him $5M a year, but he COST us a lot more with the picks, etc. I don't care for you, man. Don't expect anymore replies from me on your posts. So annoying

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

on edit:

[​IMG]

NOW you've hurt my feelings. :(

#34 Os Trigonum, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Consistently mediocre on both ends, outside of hitting his 3 of shots. He's not even rebounding like he used to.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Those big bad Timerwolves better prepare lube for some hurting. Oh noes, Hawks completely smashed us after that amazing players meet.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah he is. He had a slightly up year last year, because Howard missed 41 games, so Bev was told to help more on the boards.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You're finally going to stop **** posting?

Thank you Jesus.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

they dont call him "the most skilled player in the nba according to taco bell" for nothing
    he really is one helluva player
    with two days rest, he'll be able to drop 10pts and two threes on the other team
    get himself a steal and 3asts while he's at it.

patrick beverley - the guy who would've been an awesome bench player but forced to play starter cuz our team is r****ded.

20. hakeemthagreat

That's funny because I've seen him help win multiple games this year with either a defensive play or key rebounds. But yall don't value defense or rebounding here, which explains why DMo's a favorite