1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats to Democrats and Joe Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

As a known Trump supporter many of us are content and fine with the election of Joe Biden.
    I hope republicans show some class and don't drag Biden through years of witch hunts the
    way Trump was. Despite the Russian hoax, I don't wish any ill and hope this administration
    does well for the American people who have spoken and many of us respect the will of the
    American people.

I'm glad the Democrats realized selecting a more centrist candidate is the better choice for the
    country and Americans selected a divided government to balance power. My biggest fear was that
    another Trump victory would drive Democrats to an extreme and a Bernie Sanders could become president in 2024 which i believe would be a disaster.

Congratulations to all that supported him and achieved their victory! Trump supporters should show their class and give a hearty congratulations here.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The leader of your party claims he won the election and that a massive fraud was perpetrated against him. He is making these claims without evidence to back him up (which is why his legal team is now scrambling to gather that evidence). So while I appreciate your sentiment, what's actually needed is Republicans such as yourself to admonish Trump and other Republicans in leadership who are acquiescing to his petulance.

DVauthrin, Nook, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  3. conquistador#11

One of my favorite scenes in a movie is when the Pianist , Wlad, is trying to open a can He is starving and freezing, then the handsome Lieutenant walks in on him. Lieutenant hands him the coat he is wearing and says " I have a better one." Don't know why I thought about this when reading the thread.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Russia was not a hoax.

People served time for it first of all, second of all, it's exactly how Russia interfered with other elections all over the world, thrid of all, the lead investigator said it wasn't a hoax.

Russia did meddle with our election. This isn't a 'both sides' thing. There just isn't evidence to show any election large election fraud or anything of the sort.

DaDakota, DVauthrin, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yes it seems the nation elected a moderate candidate despite the media hyperbole.

Biden will need to bust out his old roladex if he doesn't win the Senate through Georgia.

In a sense, he's made for the situation but did the electorate make the situation just for him? Hopefully the economy and the world is in one piece as demographic shifts become clearer...

6. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Sounds like what most politicians say when they lose. Didn't Hillary Clinton said the same thing?

I'm saying as Americans we should recognize the species of a politician for what they are and be better and rise above it.
    This isn't the Rockets vs. Jazz.
    Giving a heartfelt hope that Biden does a good job.

TWS1986 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No Trump will be the first politician not to concede an obvious L. He's down 5M votes. And 4 swing states.

Hillary conceded within a week. Trump should as well.

8. HROZ

HROZ Member

What No!!?

What a stupid thing to say.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Trump literally said he won the election on Wednesday morning while millions of ballots were still to be counted, and he has continued to maintain that he has won the election. Clinton never claimed victory, and she conceded once the media called it.

I think you should recognize the unique lack of integrity and honesty exhibited by Trump, and the (likely calculated) destructive effect it has in people's confidence in their own democratic institutions.

DVauthrin, Jayzers_100 and CometsWin like this.
  10. HROZ

HROZ Member

Election was on the 8th Nov
    Hillary conceded on the 9th Nov

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thank you for a rational post. But I am curious if you still support Trump in light of his current behavior. Do you see yourself voting for him in a GOP 2024 primary, or the general election in 20204, if given the choice?

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its everyones fault everyones classless except for benevolent leader Kim V Trump who is above it all
    [​IMG]

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So this the new passive aggressive thing Trumpers are doing to act magnanimous, yet b**** again about what Democrats did.

GTFO!.

14. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Not really. Just trying to say congrats and hope he does well for our country. Or I could 'b****' and 'GTFO'.
    Jeez. This isn't about sides as we're all American in case you forgot?

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Good post. “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good” is a wonderful phrase I’ve heard lately. I wish many trump supporters would model your good sentiments.

16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Most Trump supporters are folks that don't speak about it much. They're basis for giving him a chance is
    lower taxes, less onerous regulations on industries like oil and gas, franchising, tort reform and being against foreign wars and
    focusing on the US economy.

Not here to argue with anyone about it just saying congratulations and I sincerely hope Biden does great things for all of us and
    the country we love. This isn't the Rockets vs. the Jazz but a question of who should be the GM of the Rockets and the direction
    of the team.

I for one will give him a chance and hope he does well. Again, we're all on the same team!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like this if you hadn't put the Russian hoax in there. Senate Republicans agree it wasn't a hoax. Flynn admitted to contacts with Russia. CIA/FBI documented Russian interference and multiple contact with Trump campaign officials.

How is that a hoax?

18. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This idea that Trump colluded with Russia to steal a US election. I'm not going to get into this as wasn't the purpose of this thread.

I try to be open minded and have supported Democrats before including Clinton in his second term and I really despised George W Bush
    but couldn't get behind Gore. I didn't like Obama's policies but felt it was a great signal that this country isn't racist and was a great aspirational
    figure for many that felt the American dream was out of reach so I thought it did good.

Party lines tend to be like sports teams and just like when the Rockets lost to the Warriors we want to claim hoaxes and conspiracies, we just lost.
    Just like Hillary just lost and now Trump just lost.

Trying to bring us above that and understand why I could be wrong and perhaps right about some things without being tarred and feathered as a racist Trump supporter (despite being brown myself!)

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OP thank you for a rational post but yes it’s sad that we have to continue to fight disinformation and talking points on this issue.

The fact is nobody here or Democrats in government portrayed the Russia investigations as an attempt to undo a Democratic election. Something Trump and nearly all Republicans are trying to do now just as they accused Democrats of doing for 4 years that they were not.

The fact is, had the Democrats been successful in removing Trump from office, Mike Pence would be president... not Hillary Clinton.

And the investigation was about disclosing Trumps ties to Russia and other countries so the American people could understand the importance of who is making decisions and why he’s making them.

Donald Trump literally had a letter of intent DIRECTLY with the Kremlin to build Trump Tower Moscow that was being negotiated even during the campaign. That’s a big freaking deal and if that’s not reason to open an investigation I don’t know what is.

It was not a Hoax and really wish Republicans would stop making people again and again have to explain the details of why what happened happened. No serious Democrat ever thought a Coup to put Hillary into the presidency was even an option even though your media sources (the same media sources who are telling you Trump should mount a coup of his own) love to project that false narrative for you to repeat so there is false equivalence to soften their brazen attempts to overthrow a Democracy.

I wish Republican voters would stand a bit more firm against their own party and media sources when it comes to this subject and tell them that while I’m a conservative, undermining Democracy is not okay.

Andre0087, Nolen and arkoe like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't wish to derail your thread, but just to be clear, Trump was never accused of colluding with the Russians to steal an election. That wasn't the target of the investigation. Also, collusion isn't a crime anyway. The whole "There was no collusion" is a strawman. Mueller never set out to prove or disprove collusion.