1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats, Sp*rs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cat

The Cat Member

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Forgot that even had the Spurs lost to the Kings, they still win the division by virtue of having the tiebreaker from beating New Orleans and the Rockets losing to Dallas tonight. Please disregard this thread as it was made in haste on a faulty premise.

#1 The Cat, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I thought about that crap.

No wonder Yao got 4 fouls in one qtr, like the Refs realized the Rockets were just too good and Dallas needed help :rolleyes:

3. Almu

Almu Member

Wow. A freebee

4. Pocket Rockets

arent we the ones the blew a 14 point lead in the 2nd half?

plus that game didnt matter for us...

lets blame ourselves for not winning the division

5. Almu

Almu Member

Sure.

In other news, Rocket head coach Rick Adelman coached the game of the century as his Houston Rockets.... :rolleyes:

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

it's better for us that they won that game. we are playing in portland instead of in SA because of it.

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Why we Rockets ALWAYS got SCREWED :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. The Cat

The Cat Member

Never mind, you're right, I'm a complete idiot. I forgot the Spurs would have the tiebreaker regardless based on tonight. My apologies for this thread. :(

I'm just so livid, but I guess the only person to blame is Byron Scott for not having the common sense of a 2-year-old to FOUL with a three-point lead in the final seconds.

9. Pocket Rockets

not necessarily...if san an lost, and then por lost, we would be 3rd

10. ringin08

ringin08 Member

So SA stole an overtime and Yao gets four pissy fouls in the fourth....conspiracy?

Maybe RA is just good when his team plays good and really bad when his team plays bad. He does all his coaching in practice. During the games, players just do what they want and he waits for his chance to be forced to substitute someone because of fouls or utter exhaustion.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

i'm with you man...while i think portland is probably our best first round matchup of the 7 playoff teams, i dont even care. i wanted to win the division while it was there for us. that's an accomplishment at least. i just am in shock that we went from a potential hosting 2 playoff series and winning the division for the first time in 16 years to playing the playoffs on the road, losing the division on a buzzer beater, and winning the potential chance to get demolished by the lakers in round 2, all in a span of roughly the final 5 minutes of game 82.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

we are talking about the sacramento game

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Member

1993 all over again. wow.

14. clutch11

clutch11 Member

That illegal 3 won't change anything. Spurs still have a better division record.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

people, re-read the damn thread if you're going to respond to something. you are all either "correcting" what was already correct, not knowing what you are talking about, or talking about a different game than we are.

16. Pocket Rockets

wouldve rather played spurs anyways...we've beaten them in san an as opposed to por, where we havent won there this year.

plus more incentive to beat them since its a division rival

17. STIX

STIX Member

Houston is home of Chopped and Screwed :D

BUT, nobody thought we would make it this far without T-Slack..so it's all good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.