1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confederate Snowflakes afraid of Outside Agitators

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 6, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

North Carolina Town Cancels Christmas Parade Because Confederate Float MIght Draw Protestors

I guess Confederate Santa can't stomach dissent:

Historical note on outside agitators, when you're a mayor crying because the confederates are going to take their ball and go home, you may want to use a term that wasn't last popularly used by white supremacists when describing MLK and the Civil Rights Marchers of the 1960's.

On the bright side, with all the snowflakery involved, it looks like Wake Forest is certain to have a white christmas this year! ;)

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's their right, quit infringing already.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Speech is protected. And protesters should be able to show up too. All this nanny state stuff is just building pressure up. Let these people express themselves, both groups, and let them hash it out. Meanwhile, the rest of the modern world will continue because these people and these places where stuff like this happens don't matter outside of twitter.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Let them have their “participation trophy” parade. A lot of them cling to the “lost cause” rhetoric because they have underachieved in their own lives. They long for a time when, even if they underachieved, they’d be inherently seen as superior to the most achieving black person. It’d be funny if it wasn’t pathetic.

Sanctity, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I can tell you that the amount of southern Confederate waving individuals does effect minority populations negatively in the regions where they the flag waivers are prevelant. It definitely has an impact on society and is prevelant outside of Twitter.

mdrowe00 and amaru like this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Still doesn't change my position on free speech, regardless of how people feel or how much of an ******* people want to be. And yeah it's really not that common nor is it a huge problem facing society. It is a minor issue.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Very fine people, on both sides?

VooDooPope likes this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Antifa, huge problem. White supremacy, not so much.

Not your best look da quid pro.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I didn't say anything about character. I don't care if they are fine or not.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Flying a flag is not the same as terror activity. Even antifa deserves to fly a flag and have speech. We don't want anyone to lose their rights. Even actual neonazis. That is the price. Go take a civics lesson.

cml750 likes this.
  11. CometsWin

Dopey response is dopey. That flag has terrorized tens of millions of people for over a hundred years. Go read a book or something. It's no wonder you defend the rights of Nazis and claim the Confederate flag and 100+ years of murder and mayhem is a minor issue.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You will find legal scholars and courts generally share my opinion. As well founders and the political philosphers that we borrowed from to make this country. You need to grow up and look past your feelings. Nazis and confederates, and antifa scum, all deserve the right to free expression. I will defend all of them. Deal with it. A flag is not terrorism by the way. Nice stretch.

One of biggest dangers to our country is we compromise our values because of "hate speech" and people's feelings. The scope will eventually be broadened over time once you begin taking the rights of others because you feel they are bad. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Free speech is accepting what you dislike and hate.

A good recent example is Alex Jones. Sure enough after people banned him, the flood gates were open. We got people largely to support it because we collectively agree he spews Bs, and is weird, and no one defended him. Now websites are cleaning house of other people they disagree because the genie of censorship is out of the bottle.

Also, if my post bothers you, then you are no better than any fascist thug you claim to stand against.

#12 dachuda86, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    cml750 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. CometsWin

I know the law dopey. As Republicans have now taught us, the law is determined solely by whatever party holds political majority. As soon as there's a liberal majority they can overturn precedents just the same. Big whoop.

This is probably the only country in the world where fans and members of terrorist orgs can walk around with their symbols and terrorize communities legally. Yay for freedom. I would guess if something similar to the Black Panthers murdered and terrorized the whites for 100+ years they wouldn't be allowed to carry their flags to black panther block parties in white neighborhoods. In fact most certainly the FBI would infiltrate the group and gin up charges on every single one of them. There's your privilege at work.

Dopey response is very dopey.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hampton

#14 CometsWin, Dec 8, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. CometsWin

Your post is typical of those who have been born in and live under a racial majority. You're indoctrinated into accepting white supremacy as a status quo. Since you're not the target it doesn't matter to you which is telling about what kind of country we live in. That's why you think Antifa is as bad as white supremacy despite the heavily lopsided body count. It's so stupid.

I just hope you'll remember all of the tripe above when one day Al-Qaeda, ISIS, or some similar group of crazies march through your neighborhood as an exercise in freedom of speech and they're carrying torches and their black flags with big nasty beards and AK47's chanting allahu's to akbar. I'd find that quite entertaining and then I can make the whole freedom of speech argument for terrorists as long as they're just targeting you of course.

#15 CometsWin, Dec 8, 2019
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

proud of you

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Apparently the parade is sponsored by the city so they're claiming they're unable to bar the Confederates from marching.

They need to turn the parade over to the Chamber of Commerce or something if they want to get picky with who participates.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Funny thing is when the Black Panthers started exercising those constitutional rights to bear arms the rules were changed and by no other than Ronald Reagan.

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

speaking of name-calling, did you know name-calling can offend some people? just like Confederate flag-waving

You already know the law, now read the philosophy . . .

drop me a pm with your snail mail or PO box, and I'll send you a copy.

cml750 likes this.