1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confed Cup Birth] USA vs Mexico Oct 10th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DaDakota, Sep 8, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Congratulations Mexico - you were by far the better side tonight. If the USA's plan was to absorb pressure and counter attack, it was not well executed, and honestly the USA looked outclassed.

Klinsman was brought in to change the way we play, and what I saw tonight was the same crap plan, with little to no creativity.

We finally got our 2nd goal by the young guys, some of these guys need to go...make room for younger legs.

Finally FIRE JURGEN !

DD

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Fire up Fifa or PES

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I mean, Mexico was without some of their best players and they didn't even have a freaking coach... Klinsmen too cute... He thinks he's too smart. Play the damn children . Jozy is done.

5. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Congrats to Mexico, they were the better side. The US should've played Morris-Wood up top and maybe Yedlin on the right with Jones replacing Beckerman as defensive mid. I agree- time to give the younger guys a chance.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Somehow trump will use this USA loss to Mexico on the campaign trail and ride it all the way to the presidency! End of days, ya'll!

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Exciting game at least it was not a blowout. I agree time for young guns to step in. Altidore and Dempsey put in zero effort on the defensive and for what? To stay fresh and do nothing in the offensive end. Yes they both had good looks that didn't go our way but these princesses think they can just stand there and let the others do work just because they touched the ball once already.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The beautiful game wins tonight along with the best team on the field. I hate when ugly soccer wins. Also, I don't know what JK has done the last 4 years but USA looked like 90's USA tonight.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The laziness of Altidore and Dempsey when playing up front is just shocking to watch.

Trump- "We have no more victories".

Kudos to the fans, one could tell just from watching it on tv that the atmosphere at the Rose Bowl was absolutely electric.

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Fun game to go to .. not the result I hoped for, but the better team definitely won tonight. Jozy was killing me out there. I think he connected on more passes straight to Mexico than the Mexican players.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, I finally got it on at the bar, but no sound, so couldn't tell where we were at with the game. Weird thing was as soon as I got them to change to the game, a group gathered to watch the last few minutes (and last 3 goals). Kind of a sad statement as to where soccer is in this country.
    Yes, was difficult to follow on the Gamecast. I could've swore it had the US up 1-0 on Cameron's goal, but then later it corrected and showed it tied and Chicharito's goal coming before Cameron's. Frustrating all around...

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WOW! Excellent game all around! :cool:

I'll say this:

If the U.S.A. plays Yedlin and Wood earlier, I believe our defense has no answer for them, as it was apparent in that Yedlin-to-Wood play. This is what's been killing us in the early 2000's and Klinsmann either didn't notice this earlier or didn't see this as an advantage. COACHING DECISIONS could have won the game for y'all yesterday. That combo up front made turned some of our best defenders into pretzels. That was a little too late, though.

I think I'm used to playing without major playmakers that we were missing, especially without Vela, Dos Santos, and a couple others.

I don't see major changes in the way JC Osorio will coach Mexico. I believe that for the first few next friendlies we will continue with this lineup and probably continue to use Marquez, though I doubt he returns for another World Cup. I too would like to see the younger players for my team continue to build up together. We had only a flash of Tecatito, and with him and Dos Santos up front we should be much better.

Changing subject, the atmosphere in the stadium was probably 10 to 20 times better and more lively than here at NRG. The parking situation was hectic. We got there three hours before the game and even then the only space was probably at a 20-minute walk away from the stadium way back close to the end of the golf course they use. USA fans were probably outnumbered 85%-15%, but of the few that were in the stadium, we heard a lot louder than the many, mainly because of the chants in unison and how "together" they were in one huge section behind one of the goals. They were loud.

On Wood's score, the place got quiet, VERY quiet after the USA fans celebrated. On Aguilar's score to put us up 3-2, the place got loud, VERY loud.

All in all, I learned a few things about Los angeles traffic, where to hang out, where good fans were, etc. We met a couple USA fans on the trip going and on the trip coming back. My uncle and I were wearing the huge Mexican hats everywhere we went on the weekend after the game. It was a great experience.

WOW. WHAT A SHOT BY AGUILAR. I died of a heart attack and then I was reborn.

I think that must have been one of y'all on the SPIRIT flight. :grin:

#elfutbolesnuestro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I didn't get to see enough of the game to speak on the play of any individual...with the exception of the game winner. If we're going to lose to our rivals, it hurts a little less because it was on such a great goal.

Still, from the reports I've read, it was another lackluster showing by players that shouldn't be there. Still the same lack of possession and creativity in possession. Still the same boneheaded mistakes defensively. There's just no life in this team and not much to look forward to if Klinsmann is going to keep making these lineup decisions.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Embarrassing loss. USA should have beaten them -- the talent is present.

15. SwoLy-D

So... if you have so much talent... what happened in your expert opinion?

You want to take back that one comment you made earlier? Or... no? :eek:

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Klinsmann game plan was to sit back and absorb pressure (not unusual when USA vs MEX) and wait for the counter and set pieces. But the USA did not have any pace in the front 6 at all. The set piece came as usual for USA against MEX but no where near enough. I think USA only had 2 corners and they came very very late. IMHO Klinsmann plan was only half thought out.

The biggest embarrassment for USA soccer is that both Arena and Bradly perfected that plan against MEX. Klinsy promised to revolutionize USA soccer and he comes out with the same plan that either Bradley or Arena could implement. On top of that he didn't even do it right!?!?! USA showed no ambition, they were dead(no legs) by the 60th min.

The possession was so out of whack that IMHO would have been a blow out if MEX had deployed a more balanced attack instead of 3 CFs.

#96 ipaman, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  17. SwoLy-D

:cool: Current KINGS of Concacaf... and more if tonight Mexico beats Honduras:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. I think USA has the edge in the women's area. :eek: Don't know about a full sweep across CONCACAF, but it's close. :eek:

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

Congrats to Mexico fully deserved win.

The biggest headscratcher to me was Jurgen saying that he was holding onto his 3rd sub for a gk switch....seriously? Half the team is gassed because they've been chasing the game the whole time and you want to be cute with a gk change. At minute 75-80 I was yelling at my tv to switch out Jones for Williams.

He really needs to go, unfortunately we're stuck until 2018 with him.

Hopefully the U-23's can pull a result tonight so it at least delays the olympic disaster.

19. SwoLy-D

20. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

LOL what in the world. That would be a really strange and unusual twist, especially given the natural rivalry between the two countries. He did work wonders with Mexico though. Not sure what to think here.